We've been enjoying Janel's posts on the trends at Ambiente 2010, and we've noticed a lot of soft, mellow metallics appearing in her photos. It's a trend we've seen at home as well as abroad, from catalog photos to snapshots from real homes.
While metallics (and gold in particular) have been trendy for a few years now, they're a little more toned-down this year. Instead of shiny, glam materials, we're noticing a lot of brushed gold, antiqued metals, and pieces that have some time-worn patina on them.
We like the look and think it's a timely response to the economic and cultural shift that's taken place recently. Second-hand pieces are popular, and flashiness has been overtaken by a more subtle aesthetic.
• 6 Samuel's Glamorous Collector's Paradise
• 7 Martha and Ben's Southern Mix
• 8 Jessica's Small Space for Four
• 9 Marty's Warm and Inviting on a Budget
• 10 Judy's Sunny and Stylish Family Home