Need a getaway that soothes the spirit without damaging the earth? Consider Solange Calistoga. Recently featured in Traditional Home, this spa, located in the heart of Napa Valley and designed by locally-based architect Howard Backen, incorporates a plethora of eco-conscious building choices...
From the hot springs beneath the spa's property that are tapped to heat the spa's treatment rooms and soaking pools to the ozone-based system that keeps chlorine levels in the pool at a minimum, attention has been paid to the smallest and greenest details proving that luxury and sustainability can go hand in hand. Other details include:
- Rooftop solar panels provide much of the spa's energy needs.
- Bicycles are available for everyone (from guest to housekeeping) to use to navigate the property.
- The restaurant serves locally grown organic produce.
- Carbon-filtered water replaces the ubiquitous plastic bottle.
- Beauty and bath products are made locally and without preservatives.
- Of course rooms are painted in low-VOC paints and furnished with furniture and accessories made from reclaimable and sustainable materials and finished in non-toxic varnishes.
Read the full story and see more pictures in Traditional Home Magazine.