When you're shopping for curtains, it's pretty common to experience sticker shock. Prices can run surprisingly high, and when you need multiples it really adds up. For anyone who's felt squeamish just thinking about the cost of curtains, we've rounded up some budget sources for a wide selection of drapes under $50...
- Wild Things: This online-only store carries a huge selection of beaded and fabric curtains, most around $30 to $50. They tend toward glitz, but their inventory includes more basic sheers and panels. They're also a great resource for beaded chandeliers and bed canopies.
- Cost Plus World Market: Their basic white sheers have been listed before on Apartment Therapy as a go-to product that costs around $25. They also have a good selection of colored drapes.
- IKEA: Always a great resource for inexpensive home goods, IKEA's best buys include plain Merete grommet curtains ($40), Diginet hanging hardware ($5), and sheer Stockholm curtains ($30).
- Urban Outfitters: If you're looking for trendy, colorful curtains, this is the place. Fabric panels run around $30 - $50.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond: This staple for linens has a ginormous inventory of curtains ranging from $15 into the low hundreds. We've had hit-or-miss experiences in the store (many of the designs they offer tend to seem overly fussy to us), but the selection is so big that it's worth combing through.
- DIY: If you want custom curtains, but you don't have a lot to spend, you can always make your own. For how-to's, click here, here, here and here.