While visiting New York over the past weekend, I had the pleasure of seeing and sitting in some spectacular chairs, benches, and prototypes that cannot be easily defined. Here are some of my favorites:
• Tete-a-Tete Rocker by Laurie Beckerman, at Voos. This chair was designed for two, thereby defining itself as a social chair. My friend and I loved this one, naturally.
• Prototype chair by Daniel Moyer. This chair will be in production soon. Adjustable back.
• Fail by James Lear, at Voos. This bench is visually striking and uniquely broken. Never thought a "damaged" piece could look so good.
• The J Chair at A&G Merch. A minimal design with surprising comfort.
• Cushion Bench by Christian Hooker, at Voos. The cushion on this bench is a beautiful wood, not a cushion. This piece could go with anything. Classic.
Images: Nick Siemaska