Feeling weighed down by your many winter indulgences? It's out with the overstuffed and bloated and in with the sleek and streamlined. Put your closet on a diet this spring. We'll show you how.
Ok, friends, here's the cold, hard truth: you already know what flatters you and what doesn't. You know that great feeling you get when you slip on your favorite item and it just makes you look better. Wearing (or storing) any article of clothing that doesn't make you look and feel great is a missed opportunity. So get tough and ask yourself these questions to see if the clothes in your closet make the cut.
- Are you flattered by the cut AND the fabric AND the color?
- Is it comfortable?
- Does it fit right now (not when you lose 10 lbs)?
- Can you repair any damage (stains or holes)?
- Can you think of more than one place to wear it?
- Does it go with at least 3 other things in your wardrobe?
- Have you worn it in the past year?
Make the tough choices and we promise you'll be left with a streamlined closet, filled only with items that are perfect for you. Getting dressed each morning will be easier and more fun.
Remember, your clothing cast-offs might just be perfect for someone else so give them away, sell them or donate them to new, happy homes.