For Memorial Day weekend, we're pulling together a color scheme that's just right for the transition from spring to summer. Nope, it's not red, white, and blue—although that's definitely an appropriate Memorial Day palette, we prefer to find inspiration in nature. Right now, we're gravitating towards grassy greens and marigold yellows.
This is a casual color scheme that can be as simple as adding some yellow flowers or as involved as painting a spring green accent wall. If overdone, it can feel a little 1970s, but when it's balanced with white or an offbeat accent color like bright pink or red, it comes off as fresh and laid-back.
We've rounded up a few examples of the look from the Apartment Therapy archives. For a deeper dive into the homes shown above, click through the following links.
• Emily and Meeko's Sunny First Apartment
• Beth's Family Townhouse
• Julie and Nate Channel the Colonial Aesthetic
• Cameron and Matt's Bright and Chic Modern
• Lisa and Clay's Artsy and Calm Collaboration
• Vase of Marigolds
• Kelly and Jonathan's Mission District Charmer
• Terisa, Colin, and Lauren's Family Home
• Deana and Nadim's Daring Duplex
• AB Chao's Modern Plus Old Equals MOLD
Photos: Jess Watson, Lindsey Roberts, Liezel Strauss and Beth Evans, Beth Zeigler, Phillip Maisel, justmakeit used under Creative Commons license, Sarah Coffey, Deana Bracken, AB Chao