Location: Union Square / Greenwich Village
Size: 850 square feet — 1 bedroom
Years lived in: 5
Stan has lived all over the world and speaks more languages than there are days in the week. A fine sense of style seems to come naturally and without much fuss or fanfare.
When Stan bought this apartment five years ago, he took it over from a person with very creative interpretations of what a wall should look like. There were even more rounded walls than there are now, and the bathroom was divided from the bedroom by a curtain. After carving out space for a home office, Stan was left with a smaller but very functional bathroom as well as doors where there were none.
Stan's photo collection and art help put the final touches on his home. And of course the cute dog doesn't hurt!
Apartment Therapy Survey
Style: Eclectic, some modern, some mid-century, some 19th century
Inspiration: A friend's apartment in Beirut
Favorite Element: I collect photography and have trouble choosing a favorite but I have a Chad Kleitsch image of an empty museum gallery that looks more like a painting than a photograph. It's easy to get lost in it.
Biggest Challenge: Finding room for my books.
What Friends Say: My place makes them feel at home.
Biggest Embarrassment: The bathroom is through the bedroom so I have to make sure I don't leave too much laundry lying around.
Proudest DIY: Installing the ceiling fan and not decapitating myself in the process.
Biggest Indulgence: Custom made dining room chairs from Dune.
Best Advice: Elisabeth Steimberg Architects. She's incredibly talented and helped me a lot.
Dream Source: Neven and Neven Moderne, Hudson New York. They have great eclectic Mid-20th Century furniture that is restored in house.
- • Living Room: Sofa - Classic Sofas, Dining Room Table - ABC, Dining Chairs - Dune, Armchairs - Neven and Neven, Cabinetry - AJC Studios, Sideboard - Conran Shop
• Bedroom - Dressers - vintage Eames from Neven and Neven, Chair - contemporary Eames, DWR
For more details on the kitchen in this wonderful one-bedroom, check out Stan's Performance Space.
Images: Jill Slater
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.