We always like having unobtrusive tech, but there comes a time when a bit of fun isn't out of place. USB flash drives are usually the domain of the silly, but USB hubs come in a close second when it comes to the strange and whimsical...
1. Animal Buddy USB Hubs: The Cat, Dog, and Pig Buddy USB Hubs have been created by We Play God, and they are pretty funny, especially with the matching USB flash drives.
2. Submarine Hub: This USB hub offers 5 USB ports, as well as ports for SD, SDHC, microSD, micro SDHC, miniSD, MS duo, M2, and XD-Picture cards. It's definitely not made to be dropped in the bathtub, but you can get it from Infmetry for $21.
3. Peas USB Hub: While this hub might look like some kinky that was made for your bedroom, it's actually designed to resemble a bunch of peas. It was designed by Simone Spalvieri and Valentina del Ciotto for Lexon. There are 4 ports in the peas, and they don't need an additional power socket. If you like the unusual look, you can get your Peas USB Hub over at the MoMA store for $32.
4. Mr. Roboto Hub: Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto! This USB hub is also a wind up action figure, which is kind of cool. While it won't walk far, it can amble around once it's cranked up, just be careful to unplug your tech. There are two ports hidden in its belly, and it even comes with LED eyes. It sells for $25.35 over at Amazon.
5. Doomsday Device Hub: This hub doubles as a doomsday device, for all you with plans for world domination. It reminds us of the button that needed to be pushed in Lost. You can flip the switches and see a red glow emanate from the small console. It also has 4 ports and sells for $59.99 from ThinkGeek.