If you pause to look around your home, you will find that geometry is everywhere. No, you aren't in some kind of grade school Twilight Zone. From the rectangular repetition in a parquet floor to the detailed patterns in an art deco lamp, we find geometric shapes throughout our homes — in the objects themselves but also the negative space around those objects. Geometric patterns can bring a sense of order and harmony to a room as well as a sense of fun.
Perhaps because it is inherently repetitious and symmetrical (with roll upon roll applied in sequence), wallpaper is a logical canvas for geometry. From houndstooth to overlapping rings to the Greek key design, it all boils down to triangles, squares, and circles.
While you look through these images, consider this quote from famed Swiss architect and designer Le Corbusier (as reprinted in the book Geometry of Design by Kimberly Elam. Le Corbusier said: "Geometry is the language of man. But in deciding the relative distances of the various objects, he has discovered rhythms, rhythms apparent to the eye and clear in their relations with one another. And these rhythms are at the very root of human activities."
• Merrimekko from Wallpaper Collective, $149/roll.
• "Skotti" by Tempaper from Bobby Berk, $84.95/roll.
• "La Promenade" by Twigs (800) 824-4204, about $75/roll. Via Katy Elliott.
• "Boheme" by Graham and Brown from Home Depot, $69/roll.
• Inspiration from actress Chloe Sevigny's entryway. Via House and Home.
• Vivienne Westwood from Cole & Son. Via House and Home.
• "Alto" by Tempaper (vinyl coated, self-adhesive and repositionable), $74.95/roll.
• "Elizabeth" by Madison and Grow from Walnut Wallpaper.
• "Chain Link 5136" by Phillip Jeffries. Via Designing the Hamptons.
• Home designed by Jeneration Interiors via Elements of Style.
• "Baby Olive" by Aimee Wilder from The Wallpaper Collective, $140/roll.
• "Maggie the Red Boathouse" by Madison and Grow from The Wallpaper Collective, $150/roll.
• House and Home.
• "Darcy" from Graham and Brown, $60/roll.
Images: as linked above