Really great wall treatments don't fade into the background, but combine with the rest of your decor to make beautiful, layered rooms. They can also be very expensive, so when you find an affordable DIY solution, it's worth a second look. Take a peek at these really beautiful examples of what you can do...
1. Above, the super talented Megan Pflug created this sumptuous dyed textile wall that’s applied using starch. It’s totally removable.
2. Although this dramatic pattern looks like rich metallic wallpaper, it’s actually hand drawn by Marilyn Rondon.
3. Custom watercolor wallpaper seems like a total luxury, but it’s totally doable, as seen in this boy’s room by The Design Confidential.
4. This sophisticated pink ombre statement wall is actually just pieces of wrapping paper from Rifle Paper. It appeared in House & Home in 2013.
5. Victoria of SF Girl By Bay featured this custom collaged wallpaper made from various prints grafted together in a geometric pattern.
6. Hayley Gemma painted this graphic black and white mural for her son’s room.