Summertime is a great time to get away and explore a new place, take some time off and get perspective. Oftentimes way cheaper (and way nicer) than a hotel is finding a sublet in the area you want to stay. Longtme reader Dean is subletting her Highland Park apartment this summer and trust us, it's incredible. Jump below for the details plus a couple other sublets we found:
Dean has a kick ass space that we've featured a bunch of times on AT. Here are the details of the sublet:
dates: August 21 - October 15
about the apartment:
- studio-turned-one-bedroom...the full extra-long bed is in a cozy wooded bed-nook (see photos below)
- large, well-designed living room
- kitchen with pretty much all you'll need...brand new fridge, vintage stove, a little bar and nice glassware, etc.
- bathroom with original tile and a recycled rubber floor
- lots of closet space
- a fenced-in front yard...it's small and shaded and will hopefully have new sod installed soon!
- air conditioned! it stays 70 degrees in my apartment all summer long...
- cable TV with DVR
- wireless internet
- dog friendly!
If you're interested, you can email her directly at email@example.com
Here are a couple more sublets that we found near the beach and near Silverlake:
$90 Cozy Santa Monica Casita - 8 blocks to beach!
$1750 / 1br - Clean 1 Bdrm apt near Abbot Kinney
$2000 / 1br - VENICE/SANTA MONICA SUMMER SUBLET (5TH & ROSE)
$650 1 br sublease summer,util included, small house on a hill (Echo park)
$2400 / 2br - Very spacious Spanish charmer in Silverlake (Silverlake)