- Tampa, FL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the coziness that it offers :) but it's bright enough with the clean wall color to not feel lazy or boring.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Don't over decorate! – I purge my apartment and closet at least twice a year to declutter, and I like to find inexpensive new items and turn them into personalized treasures from places like craigslist, thrift stores or IKEA. I move things around in the space often as well, just to freshen it up.
2. Pick a mood – To decide your mood, write down some words that you want your space to feel like when you walk thought the door. Ex: tranquil, happy, quirky, relaxing, creative, etc. For me, I wanted to feel peaceful, and I chose to accentuate with touches of gold and use a blue/gray color scheme. The gold added just a touch of fancy, even on the vintage or inexpensive items.
3. Add contrast – Contrast adds interest and also breaks-up what could be a ho-hum flow of things matching too well. My contrast was punches of black and/or white that popped against the blues and grays. Always edit and look for balance!