Memorial Day is a great holiday to honor the men and women who have served and protected our country. The weekend is also one of our favorite 3-Day weekends - the weather is warming up, and typically it marks the beginning of Summer in our books. So besides sitting back and relaxing, the long weekend provides the perfect opportunity to go green...
Here's some tips to green your weekend:
- Support your local farmer's market if it's opened yet.
- Now that the threat of frost is over, start your vegetable garden!
- Finish spring cleaning your house – check out all our tips to get eco-friendly clean.
- Enjoy a picnic outside, and don't forget to use reusable and/or biodegradable utensils.
- If you're cooking-out, borrow a grill instead of buying new, use an eco-friendly fuel, and clean up naturally with an onion.
- Consider swapping a veggie patty for the regular burger to save some calories and carbon.
- If you're traveling try to choose low-impact forms of commuting such as riding a bike or taking the train. If that's not and option consider purchasing carbon passes to offset your carbon footprint.
What are you doing this weekend to go green?