- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- Under 1000 sqft: Renter
- What I Love About My Entryway:
- I love that my entryway makes my studio apartment feel like a home, rather than just one multipurpose room. I was lucky enough to find a studio in Manhattan that has a front hallway that separates the entrance from the rest of the living space. It's relaxing to have a transition space, rather than just opening the door to my bedroom/office/living room/kitchen.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Entryway:
- 1. Embrace the architecture. My entryway has a seemingly useless notch cut out in the wall. Instead of leaving it as a charming eyesore, I hung a bunch of Ikea LACK shelves and turned it into "built in" shoe storage.
2. Mirrors are great. They reflect light, make the space feel bigger, and you can give yourself a once over before you head out the door.
3. Add a plant. My go to is eucalyptus. It's inexpensive, it smells refreshing, and adds to the homey feeling of the space.