Recently, my schedule changed for a few weeks. There's nothing I can do about it, but it means a lot more work and skipping naps in favor or a lunchtime 25-minute power nap. When you're at work for 10 hours a day, then have to head back home for more work, you need to be organized so that you can get through the week. Here is some tech that will get you through the day.
1. Multifunction Alarm It goes without saying that if you've got very long days, you need pre-programmed alarms that will tell you when you need to wake up, change locations, and get stuff done. If your schedule is variable throughout the week, having a single device that can hold all of your daily alarms is pretty convenient. This also means that you never have to set your alarms. They are just programmed by themselves in advance.
2. Smartphone Being able to go online to check out information, work with some apps, Tweet, check your email, and suing Google Maps can be essential when you are very busy. The Kindle app allows you to easily read from your phone and it can get the job done.
3. Camera I never go anywhere without my DSLR, and having it around to snap a few photos is a welcome respite from my busy schedule. Naturally, you can also take along a simple point-and-shoot camera and save a lot of weight.
4. iPod Whether you're waiting in line to get your latest latte or you're busy running across town, an mp3 player gets you through the day. They are also perfect for cutting out the ambient noise when you're trying to take a nap in an unfamiliar place.
5. Camelbak Waterbottle While this is more of a low tech item, carrying a water bottle is essential for most people. I never go anywhere without my 750ml BPA-free Camelbak bottle. When I have a cold, I fill it with hot water and put in an herbal tea pouch.