While we were braving the masses at our local Target this weekend, we came across these fun felt ornaments that sell for a whopping $0.99. Though originally intended for the tree, we think they could be put to use for more than just decking the halls. We've got 5 more uses for them after the jump!
Although there's nothing wrong with using these felt ornaments for their original purpose, we think they lend themselves to all sorts of creative and crafty purposes. Each snowflake is roughly 6 inches in diameter and come in a whole mess of colors. Here's a few suggestions to make them pull a little double duty!
• Coasters: Use them at home or spread about your furniture for holiday parties, or even include them in your beverage-based gift baskets during the gift-giving season.
• Stamps: Try dabbing them in a little paint to create personalized linens, clothing or re-useable wrapping fabric. The same could be done to plain brown papers for gifts as well.
• Stencils: A little spray paint and you could take a drab pillowcase, sheet set or curtain panel to a whole new world of Winter Wonderland. Because they're more rigid they'll have the ability to move without sticking to your fabric of choice.
• Stocking Trim: Because they're flexible, they could be a cute way to dress up a plain stocking in need of a little life. Simply attach a pin back and pin away, for that matter, they could also attach to hand towels in the kitchen or bath in the same manner.
• Table Trivets: Like the coasters, bring hot dishes out of the oven and to the table without damaging your hardwoods. They're more attractive than the random tea towel or pot holder and can be easily packed up with the holiday decor when all is said and done.
What would you use them for? Do you have an idea not listed above? Let us know in the comments below!
(Image: Sarah Rae Trover)