We admit it wasn't the 2,000 RPM spin speed performance or even the one-line LCD electronic display panel that caught our fancy when first reading about the Maytag MWA0720IIA washing machine. It was actually the decor-friendly wood panel front that we really liked about these kitchen-ready machines.
The MWA0720IIA Maytag washing machine's Mercury top speed of 2,000 RPM means more water is removed before you even take your now cleaned duds from the washer into the dryer. A microprocessor control system monitors the wash and the Maytag keeps relatively quiet at 76 dBA, with 4 power dampers attached to steel base plate to keep vibration at a minimum.
And how's this about service? This particular model offers an automatic door opening feature to notify you the wash is finished. Now if it could only transfer the load from washer to dryer and fold our clothes for us...we'd pay a little more for that option.
Maytag MWA0720IIA features:
- 17 programs to cope with every need of your busy household
- intuitive and easy to use LCD display set by single jog wheel
- Autowash with intelligent SensiSave system to automatically optimise water, time and energy
- Stain program for removing up to 9 stain types
- Time program for the best wash performance in the time set
- Memory program remembers last wash for one-button start the next time
- Quick wash takes 35 minutes for sluicing through garments
- Intensive rinse option with up to 7 rinses for those that are sensitive to detergents
- Dedicated wool program
- Anti-crease cycle to keep ironing to the minimum
- Super pre-soak option for up to 2 hours for very stubborn stains
- Delayed start for up to 24 hours to take advantage of cheaper electricity tariffs
- Display may be set in one of 11 language options
- 7-fold water safe system minimising leaks and protecting from flooding
About $2192 from Maytag (the bad news is this excellent design seems to be a Europe-only model for now).