Welcome to "The A Line"! In every episode of this new video series, we visit two homes that have an identical floorplan- and see how their inhabitants use the same space in different ways.
→ Episode 3 of The A Line: How To Make Space for a Growing Family
In this episode, we visit a historic grand apartment building on Manhattan's Upper East Side. What used to be one lavish building with twenty grandiose apartments- with ballrooms, libraries, and servant's quarters- is now divided into more than a hundred oddly-shaped but gorgeous modern NYC apartments with historic detailing.
Today we visit two of these apartments, both with exactly the same floor plan. The first is occupied by Christin and AJ, a young couple making their first home together, and the second by DJ, an independent filmmaker. Presenting the same challenge of an oddly-shaped floor plan, how were these two homes brilliantly arranged to suit their occupants' unique needs?
At Apartment Therapy, we believe good ideas really are everywhere. And sometimes? The best ideas for your space - are right over your head.
- More Videos: Subscribe to Our Youtube Channel! We post new videos of real, inspiring spaces and smart tips every Tuesday at 1pm.
Links and Related Posts:
- Video House Tour: Matt's Just Right New York Studio
- Video House Tour: Jessica & Milo Living Large in a Small Space
- Video House Tour: Natasha & Rob's Super Smart Small Space
- Video House Tour: Michael, Kerri, & Nora's Alternative Family Home in Brooklyn
- The A Line Ep 1 at the Cherokee: Two Homes, One Floorplan, Two Style Stories