Everyone has that person on their holiday list who has everything and is impossible to shop for. This year go for the anti-gift and never fear that the gift you worked so hard to select will end up in the garage sale pile. Charitable giving on one's behalf may seem boring, but charities have had to work hard to keep donations up in these hard economic times and here are just a few charitable gifts that are anything but ordinary.
1. Oxfam's gift giving site, Oxfam Unwrapped, has a fun selection of gifts for those on your list who are very hard to surprise. How about a dozen chicks for $45 or a goat for $50? If you need the perfect white elephant gift, Oxfam offers the gift of manure for just $12.
2. The World Wildlife Federation helps protect wildlife and you can gift the adoption of a mammal of your choice starting at $25. Whether your recipient is a fan or Meerkat Manor or favors Shark Week there will be an animal suitable for their interest.
3. For the person in your life who has a large carbon footprint, you can donate to offset their use and gift it to them from Carbon.org
4. For the green thumb on your list, gift a tree dedication through Tree People starting at only $25.
5. Just like every other commercial retail industry, there is now even a gift card for the charity industry. The gift card allows the recipient to choose from hundreds of charities. This would be the ideal gift for the pickiest person on your list. Visit Charity Gift Certificates for a gift card.
Image: Shutterstock and Oxfam