Here at Apartment Therapy, we do our best to share tips and ideas to help you live a happier, healthier life at home, but sometimes our readers (yes, you!) really do know best. We learn from you—and you all learn from each other—in the comments all the time, which is why we decided to survey readers about your favorite podcasts, books, blogs and websites for learning about taking care of your home.
These reads (and listens!) have changed the way many of you take care of your homes—some are old favorites, but others might be new resources to add to your arsenal.
Blogs & Podcasts
- "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and "Spark Joy" by Marie Kondo
- "Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook" by Martha Stewart
- "Everything That Remains" by Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus (and their blog, The Minimalists)
- "Unf*ck Your Habitat" by Rachel Hoffman (along with the UFYH website)
- "Kevin McCloud's Principles of Home" by Kevin McCloud
- "Thrift Score" by Al Hoff
- "Unclutter Your Life in One Week" by Erin Rooney Doland
- "Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui" by Karen Kingston
- "Taming the Paper Tiger at Home" by Barbara Hemphill
- "Sidetracked Home Executives" by Pam Young and Peggy Jones
- "Styled" by Emily Henderson (along with her self-titled blog)
- "Simple Matters" by Erin Boyle (along with her blog, Reading My Tea Leaves)
- "The New Bohemians" by Justina Blakeney
- "Design*Sponge at Home" by Grace Bonney
- "A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of A Misspent Life" and others by Mary Randolph
- "Domino: The Book of Decorating" and others by Deborah Needleman and the editors of Domino
- "Apartment Therapy Complete and Happy Home" by Maxwell Ryan and Janel Laban (hey, sounds familiar!)
Magazines & Publications
Is your favorite not on the list? Let us know in the comments!