When you go on vacation, especially to beach destinations, it's nice to have the option to not worry about whether your tech can withstand a little splashing or even a few moments submerged. There are quite a few rugged, water resistent cameras out there, but not all of them are completely waterproof. We've gathered a few models that can beyond a little splashing...
1. Kodak Playfull: This pocket-size waterproof camera comes with a pop-out USB port. It can take 720p HD videos and comes with integrated social media sharing options. It weighs about 3oz and has a 2" LCD screen. It's waterproof for up to 10 feet for 2 hours, with a specialized underwater white balance mode that will auto-correct images. It costs $100.
2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3: This camera is capable of taking HD videos and it comes with a built-in GPS, compass, and altimeter. The sensor is 12.1 MP and the camera is waterproof up to 40 feet. It sells for $349.99.
3. Pentax Optio WG-1 GPS: This rugged little camera is waterproof up to 33 feet, and can be easily used fully submerged. It's also shockproof, crushproof, freezeproof, dustproof and comes with a 14MP sensor. The LCD screen is 2.7" and it can do some macro shots thanks to the glass and the 5 macro LEDs. It comes with a GPS and can share your photos as well. It can take full 720p HD at 30 frames per second. It sells for $299.95.
4. Olympus Tough TG-810: This camera costs $399.99, but there are a few other models available (TG-310 sells for $199.99 and TG-610 sells for $299.99). This camera is waterproof for up to 33 feet, it's also shockproof, freezeproof and crushproof so dropping it a few times won't break it.
5. JVC Picsio GC WP10: This JVC camera records up to 1080p in HD and takes 5MP still photos. You can share it immediately via YouTube and Facebook. It's waterproof for up to 10 feet and costs $199.99.