Milo Baughman's graphic chair in Photo 2 is the inspiration for today's post. Graphically patterned chairs are fun and show a confident sense of style. They work great in small spaces as well as large ones, and the graphic pattern breaks up the monotony of solid shapes in the landscape of the room. The best way to get this look is to reupholster something you already own. You'll be amazed by the transformation of grandma's favorite chair. Reupholstering gives a lot of bang for the buck and adds instant style to any space. Read more for details.
Green Your Style:
All of the chairs featured above are vintage. Almost all of them have been reupholstered. Before trashing an old chair, try to see the diamond in the rough. Opt to have it reupholstered, rather than thrown out or donated. You'll be amazed by the transformation of grandma's favorite chair.
1. Layout of all nine graphic chairs.
2. Living room designed by Kazumi Yoshida featured in Elle Decor.
3. Vintage Pair of Hollywood Regency Statesville Side Chairs by The Vintage Supply Co. $600.00
4. Crimson and Cream Damask Channel Back Vintage Chair by The Polished Nest. $600.00
5. Antique French Victorian Chair - Zebra by The Shabby Home. $599.00
6. Vintage Reupholstered & Painted Side Chair by Shop DIW. $550.00
7. Blue Leaf Channel Chair by Mend Etc. $750.00
8. Vintage Channel Back Chair New Upholstery in Green Dwell Studios Bella Porte Fabric by Upcycled Home. $625.00
9. Chocolate and Lavander Paisley Upholstered Arm Chair by The Polished Nest. $600.00
10. Mid Century Modern Teak-Rosewood Chair by Barefoot Dwelling. $170.00
11. Blue and Beige Damask Arm Chair by The Polished Nest. $350.00
(Images as linked.)