I have a real jones for Anthropologie. I love the clothes, love the furniture, love everything. What I don't always love is their prices. So I got to thinking: what would happen if I tried to recreate Anthropologie's vintage, handmade look with finds from everyone's favorite vintage and handmade marketplace?
The rules of the challenge were simple: find a covetable product at Anthropologie, and then find a similar one for less on Etsy. Take a look at what I found.
1. Left: Azrou Rug, Anthropologie, $980. Right: Moroccan rag rug, Boucherouite on Etsy, $380.
2. Left: Ubiquity Lamp Ensemble, Anthropologie, $280. Right: White birch log table lamp, NHWoodscreations on Etsy, $49.
3. Left: Fleece Flounce Pillow, Anthropologie, $188. Right: Shaggy faux fur pillow, NotTooShaggy on Etsy, $38.00.
4. Left: La Versha Chair, Anthropologie, $248. Right: Pair of vintage metal chairs, lisabretrostyle2 on Etsy, $115.
5. Left: Bowled Over Base, Anthropologie, $298. Right: Vintage bowling pin lamp, AlteredArcheology on Etsy, $47.
6. Left: Barnwood Hanging Bed, Anthropologie, $3,298 for queen size. Right: Handmade Hemlock Nautical Hanging Bed, collectedfat on Etsy, $750 for king size.
7. Left: Coupe Floor Lamp, Anthropologie, $498. Right: Mid Century Floor Lamp, ObscureArchive on Etsy, $80.
8. Left: Cordage Armchair, Anthropologie, $1,298. Right: Hans Wegner style rope rocker, MODhusTacoma on Etsy, $423.
(Images: as linked above)