The Fall Cure: Throwing a Party!
• Cure Clock: 1 week to go
• Assignment: Read Week 8: Throwing a Party
• Members: 1,735!
Only a few days left. Now is the time to work very, very hard, because you will soon be back on your own again. In writing the book, I really wanted there to be at least one calmer week before the end. Week’s seven and eight are therefore both a little lighter and meant to allow you to slow down as you approach the end and catch up if you need to.
THIS WEEK’S WORK
I also think that it’s important to build enjoyment into the process, because otherwise you might not take the time to enjoy what you have done. Part of this feeling of enjoyment is sharing your work with others.
Many of you may have just invited guests into your home for Thanksgiving, and may have already achieved the “party step”, but all of you should be sure that you share your work during this week.
When I taught school, we were trained, as teachers, to constantly share the childrens’ work back with the whole class to complete the learning experience. It is so helpful to see your own work amongst that of others, and so helpful to have the opportunity to stand back and say to oneself, “Look what I have done.” Though we are no long little children, we all still benefit from this and don’t get it often enough.
Your ending party is meant to do just this, so don’t skip it. Even if you do a little, impromptu thing and invite one person over to see what you’ve done, that’s great. Even if you are really behind and you can’t invite someone over for another two weeks, that’s great. Just clean up, cook or drink a little something and show what you’ve done to someone else and you’ll have completed the circle.
Doing this Cure is a big deal. You have made a commitment to yourself and then worked towards your own goal, when you could have done nothing. This is an achievement on so many levels, and it will stay with you, making it easier to do again and again.
Best of luck. You have only six days left.
Last week I received the glass and the felt that I had ordered. The big felt piece is still in my office and needing to be brought home and installed behind the bed. The small discs I layed into our new side tables, placing the the glass on top. It’s not done yet (it looks a little funny and unfinished), but I love playing with these elements and already having a better, bigger top surface and an extra shelf have really changed the bedroom.
My clock is ticking too. I’ve got to hustle, finish up and get you the hero shot!
TODAY’S COMMENT QUESTION
How important is entertaining in your home?
• Week 7 – Show and Tell with Laure
• Week 7 – Tips & Tricks with Susie
• Week 7 – Intro with Maxwell
• Week 6 – Show and Tell with Abby
• Week 6 – Tips & Tricks with Susie
• Week 6 – Intro with Maxwell
• Week 5 – Show & Tell with Abby
• Week 5 – Tips & Tricks with Susie
• Week 5 – Intro with Maxwell
• Week 4 – Show & Tell with Laure
• Week 4 – Tips & Tricks with Susie
• Week 4 – Intro with Maxwell
• Week 3 – Show & Tell with Abby
• Week 3 – Tips and Tricks with Sarah Rae
• Week 2 – Show & Tell with Abby
• Week 2 – Tips & Tricks with Susie
• Week 2 – Introduction with Maxwell
• Week 1 – Show & Tell with Laure
• Week 1 – Tips & Tricks with Sarah Rae
• Week 1 – Creating Your Vision with Maxwell
• Green Cure