The Nursery Colors Contest: 2007
#1 – Isabella’s Magical Mural Room
#2 – Libby’s Orange and Lime Nursery
#3 – Angus’s Contemporary Stripes
#4 – Sam’s Chocolate Crash Pad
#5 – Harriet’s Apple Green Getaway
#6 – Creed’s Polkadot Pad
#7 – Cora’s Bright and Cheerful Room
#8 – Baby-O’s Ode to Color
#9 – Pepe’s Blue Space
#10 – Finn’s Soothing Sleeper
#11 – Annie Octopus’s Outer Space Room
#12 – Henry’s Multi-Hued Hideaway
#13 – Eli Grayson’s Robot Room
#14- Jack’s Calming Crib
#15 – Rowen’s Urban Safari
WHAT: Our first-ever Nursery Color Contest is a contest for kid’s room color lovers. We’re looking for the most beautiful use of color in a nursery or children’s room – anywhere in the world.
WHY: Color is a big part of childhood and design for children as well as the cheapest way to change a room, but few feel comfortable using it. To inspire confidence, we’re going to share the best colorful nursery photos, tips and sources.
PRIZES!: Gift certificates from Spunky Sprout –
First Place: $500 Second Place: $350 Third Place $150
And, as a thank you from AT, all fifteen posted entries will receive an Apartment Therapy t-shirt.
Entries & Voting
The deadline for entries is Midnight, October 19th, but priority will be given to entries received before October 15th, so get yours in early!
The best 15 entries will be posted (one per weekday) from October 15th through November 2nd. Registered AT readers will be able to vote once during the 72 hours (3 days) following the posting of each contest entry.
The readers’ votes will determine the semi-finalists. The top 5 vote getting entries will move on to the semi-finals in which they will be given the opportunity to submit 5 additional photos and a video of their nursery/children’s room. The semi-finalists will be notified by Wednesday, November 7th. They will have until Sunday, November 11th to submit their second entry.
The 5 semi-finalist entries will be posted on November 12, 13 and 14th. Readers will be encouraged to comment and assess each entry. The judging panel of AT editors will review and take into account these comments when making their final decisions.
The 3 winning entries will be announced on Friday November 16th.
• The colorful nursery/children’s room must be in the contest applicant’s home and can be ANY SIZE!
• The home may be owned, rented, or even sublet.
• It can be designed by a professional or by a weekend hobbyist.
2. Please Submit the following by October 19th (priority will be given to entries received before October 15th) :
• Name, location, mailing address (to receive prize)
• Name(s) and age(s) of child(ren) who the room belongs to
• “Why I chose these colors for the nursery” (200 words or less)
• Two Good Color Tips
• Color(s) and brand(s) of paint used in the room
• Three (3) digital photos (with description of photo as name of file—ie. rearwindow.jpg)
• Please send in pics at 460 pixels wide & best quality possible.
3. Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Employees of Apartment Therapy may not enter this contest.
5. Entries may NOT include links to other web pages or to AT house tours.
6. Once submitted, no contest entry may be changed, altered, or enhanced.
7. Only one entry per household permitted across all AT color contests.
8. Winner is solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes incurred upon claiming a prize.
Any questions? Please get in touch at email@example.com.
Photo: Mirjam’s winning entry from our Smallest Coolest Nursery Contest.