We're suckers for phones that can blast your music library or a computer mouse that functions as a card reader. But for every billion multi-tasking invention mashups that go horribly wrong (we're looking at you, car dashboard laptop mount) there's one that's absolutely perfect. Tech culture magazine Wired gives the trophy to the clock radio. What do you think?
In honor of the 148th anniversary of the gun-and-plow mashup, Wired put together a list of the best and worst invention mashups in history.
Waking up to your favorite radio station takes a lot of the pain out of waking up. In one form or another, this one has lasted for decades.
Surprising to us, because we use sporks more frequently than our clock radio. But we're sure many of you disagree.
Are you way into your clock radio? If not, what other mashup would you put on the list? Tell us in the comments!
OUR FAVORITE CLOCK RADIOS:
- The Voice Controlled Moshi Alarm Clock Radio
- TimeTuner: The Clock Radio iPhone App
- Sonoro Cubo Elements: A Sleek and Beautiful Clock Radio
- The Perfect Bedside Accessory: Stylish Eklipse Clock Radio
- Gift Show 2009: Lexon's Collection of Clock Radios and Calculators
- Lexon Jet FM Clock Radio
- Sony Plans on Alarm Clock with iPod Dock
- Blue Light Special: The Monteal Radio Clock