With the growth of our online readership, nothing has surprised us more than the incredibly avid crowd that just pushed our home cooking site's traffic past the one million mark in July. This is a huge milestone for The Kitchn and puts it firmly on track as the fastest growing of all five of our sites. I've always felt that home cooking is THE companion to home design (they need one another!), but many outsiders have often puzzled at our insistence in pairing the two. So, here are our greatest cooking hits of the past two months. Hats off to The Kitchn!
Kitchen tours and kitchen design from real-life home kitchens:
• Kitchen Tour: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Kitchen
• Kitchen Tour: Laura and Chris's Brownstone with a Twist
• Kitchen Tour: Louis Armstrong's Cool Blue Haven Corona, Queens, NY
• Kitchen Tour: Stephane's Small Parisian Wonder
• Five Favorite Backsplashes from Small Cool Kitchens
Top recipes & home cooking, especially for summer heat:
• Slow Cookers to the Rescue! Heatwave Carnitas, plus Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
• How To Make Creamy Ice Cream with Just One Ingredient!
• Summer Recipe: No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
• Grownup Popsicle Recipe: Boozy Campari Citrus Pops