Although we've been talking so far this month about color, we wanted to take a step back this afternoon. Although I love color as much as the next person, at my house we've been toying with the idea of going all white in our new home. White walls, white floors, white ceilings…everything. So in our search for the perfect shade, placement and decorating ideas, we've rounded up the mother load of all white rooms. Ready?
Here at Apartment Therapy there's only one thing we like to talk about more than color and that's the absence of it. White rooms intrigue us and create a sense of calm and cleanliness and require a fine eye for editing and decor choices. They're challenging and comforting all at the same time and no matter how long you've longed to get away from "renters white walls" before, we're willing to bet you've considered the same idea as us at some point in time.
Over the last several years we've done roundups on bedrooms, dining rooms, white and wood, white and black, which and pops of color, white and pink bunnies (not really, we were just seeing if you were still paying attention). Here's some of our favorite roundups below, each one featuring multiple sources and tons of extra-awesome photographs!
• 15 Snow-White Rooms For A Winter Afternoon
• Romantic All-White Rooms
• White-Colored Rooms
• Bright White Rooms to Chase the Grey Days Away
• On Decorating A White Room
• White Plus Wood: The Cozy Side of a Winter Palette
• Almost All White Room...With a Bright Accent Wall
• Black and White Rooms from a Danish Design Company
• Inspiration: Black and White Rooms and Furnishings
• All-White Rooms
• White! SoHo Townhouse Renovation by LoadingDock5
• Inspiration: White Room, One Pop of Color
• All-White Interiors
• White Bedrooms from Casa Angelina
• Wood and White Dining Rooms from E15