Pets not only improve the look of our homes (a cute cat or dog curled up on a couch is always a great accessory!) they make our homes more enjoyable. But sometimes a little work is involved to make living with pets the most pleasant. Here's a round-up of the best pet-related posts this year, full of advice on living with furry friends!
Getting rid of (and preventing) pet smells
- How To Get Rid of Industrial Strength Smells: Pet Urine, Damp & Smoke
- Rethink the Stink: 5 Odor Removing Products No Home Should Be Without
Places for pets to sleep and relax
- 10 Pet Beds You Won't Need to Hide
- DIY Room Decor: How To Make a Mid-Century Style Dog Bed
- Before & After: Winifred the Dog Gets New Dig
- So Happy Together: Dogs on Sheepskins
- Before & After: IKEA Doll Bed Does Double (& Triple!) Duty
Living with the litter box
- 10 Ideas for Disguising or Hiding a Litter Box
- The Scoop on the ScoopFree Litter Box by PetSafe
- IKEA Recycling Bin to DIY Top-Entry Litter Box
Preventing pesky pet problems
- Tips for Keeping Cats Off Kitchen Counters
- Stylish DIY Pet Bowls & Beds You Can Live With
- Does Your Pet Like to Park on the Keyboard? Try This.
- The Best Resources for Finding Pet Sitters
- How To Teach Pets to Not Eat Cords
Just for fun
- Want a Beagle With Your Billy Bookcase? IKEA Showcases Homeless Pets on the Showroom Floor
- Just for Fun: Purrrfect Pets
- Mind Readers? Your Dog and the Science of Understanding Emotion
Best in show
→ 2014 was also the FIRST EVER Apartment Therapy Pet Madness. Did the cute cat or dog you were pulling for win?
Cute pets forever
Always keep up-to-date with the adorable cats, dogs and more that grace the virtual pages of Apartment Therapy by following our Pets Pinterest board.
→ Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2014 roundup!
From December 21 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.