• Designer: Rebekah Rauser
• Link: www.rauserdesign.com
• Location: Austin, TX
• Title: The Redeploy Rug
• Materials: wool exterior, wool-blend interior
• Price Point: $800 - $1000
Description: The Redeploy Rug combines the necessary durability of military surplus blankets with the organic fluidity of a topographic-esque pattern. With a stitch and a stuff they come together to transform your floor into an inviting landscape.
The rug shown draws on the beauty and durability of 100% wool Russian army blankets from the 1950's. After the stitched pattern is in place, the blankets are carefully hand-stuffed with wool-blend army surplus blankets and finished with an edge detail that emphasizes the organic lines.
The Redeploy Rug is the first in a series of military surplus based products by Rauser Design.
• Favorite Designer: I admire Eero Saarinen's ability to create sweeping architectural forms; from the scale of an airport down to the scale of a single chair, achieving what would become an iconic design with each.
• Favorite Design: Saarinen's womb chair is sleek and modern yet feminine and comfortable, a difficult combination to achieve. It evokes a sophisticated future and someday I will have one in red.