• Royal Copenhagen Sale
• Artemide Sale
• Arch & Design Film Festival
• South End Open Studios
• Design Boston
• Orange from Susy Pilgrim Waters
• Maker Fair Rhode Island
• Hudson Semi-Annual Sale
• GSelect Sale
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• Todd Farm Antiques & Flea Market
• SOWA Market
• RISD Fall Alumni & Student Art Sale
• Marimekko Show
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Royal Copenhagen Sale September's special deal is on Royal Copenhagen's contemporary Black & White patterns — selected pieces are 30% - 70% off.
Royal Copenhagen online
9/1 - 9/30
• Artemide Sale 33% off best selling lighting families Tolomeo and Logicio — choose from table, floor, wall, ceiling and suspension models.
Boston Showroom | 343 Congress Street Boston, Massachusetts 02210
9/1 - 9/30: Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm
• Architecture and Design Film Festival The first film festival celebrating the creative spirit of architecture and design will be held in Waitsfield, Vermont during the height of fall colors. An exciting selection of films, including feature-length films, documentaries and shorts will engage the audience with how architects and designers think, work and create. The films profile visionary architects, the creative design process, environmental issues and the brilliant designs that we see and use every day. The program includes conversations with filmmakers, architects and designers. A benefit for Yestermorrow Design / Build School.
Tickets & Schedule online.
Big Picture Theater and Cafe 48 Carroll Road (off Route 100) Waitsfield, Vermont 05673
9/24 – 9/27
• South End Open Studios Meet over 250 artists working in their own studios and in a variety of group environments.
9/19 - 9/20: 11am - 6pm
• Design Boston Design Boston gives you all the the tools you need to build and sustain a successful design career. The BDC will be filled with thousands of new products as 74 showrooms premiere new collections. Each Design Boston seminar is CEU-accredited, giving you a full year of required credits and all complimentary to you.
Boston Design Center | 1 Design Center Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
9/22 - 9/24
• Orange from Susy Pilgrim Waters Farm Project Space and Gallery
15 Commercial Street Wellfleet, Massachusetts
9/10 - 9/28
• Maker Fair Rhode Island Featuring hands-on workshops, building & hacking competitions, culinary crafting, garage technology, arts and creativity for sale, and robot gymnastic demonstrations, culminating with a Waterfire in the Creative Capital, Providence, Rhode Island.
Check the website for events and full schedule.
9/6 - 9/19
• Hudson Semi-Annual Sale 20% off custom upholstery and casegood orders. Select items up to 50% off.
Hudson Boston | 312 Shawmut Avenue
Hudson Wellesley | 61A Central Street
• GSelect Sale 10% entire (online) store sale of carefully picked home decor items.
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale Select furniture, accessories and lighting on sale.
The Boston Design Center 1 Design Center Place Suite 300 Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Baker at Cabot House 220 Worcester Road Framingham, Massachusetts 01701
8/21 - 10/19
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• RISD Fall Alumni & Student Art Sale The RISD Fall Art Sale provides the ideal opportunity to purchase one-of-a-kind pieces and get a jump on holiday shopping. The sale is free and open to the public, and provides a chance to experience Providence's local, artist-friendly community while viewing the latest works from both emerging and established artists.
Benefit Street in Providence, Rhode Island (between Waterman and Hopkins Streets)
Saturday, 10/10: 10am - 4pm
• Marimekko Show D/R celebrates 50 years of Finnish Design in the U.S. — the fabrics and furnishings of the original Design Research is presented in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of D/R's introduction of the bold colorful fabrics and fashions of the Marimekko Company of Helsinki, Finland.