The Weekend Guide: Sales & Events
• RISD Alumni & Student Art Sale
• DWR Semi-Annual Sale
• Container Store Shelving Sale
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• YLighting FLOS Sale
• Boston Consignment Sale
• John Robshaw Sale
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• Todd Farm Antiques & Flea Market
• SOWA Market
• Welcome Hometta
• Builders Q & A Day
• Green Guild Film Festival
• Marimekko Show
Jump below for more information…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• RISD Fall Alumni & Student Art Sale The RISD Fall Art Sale provides the ideal opportunity to purchase one-of-a-kind pieces and get a jump on holiday shopping. The sale is free and open to the public, and provides a chance to experience Providence’s local, artist-friendly community while viewing the latest works from both emerging and established artists.
Benefit Street in Providence, Rhode Island (between Waterman and Hopkins Streets)
Saturday, 10/10: 10am – 4pm
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale Save 25% on all things lighting from Restoration Hardware — stores, catalog & online.
The Atrium | 300 Boylston Street Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 02467
Northshore Mall | 210 Andover Street Peabody Massachusetts 01960
• Boston Consignment Sale Consigned inventory of Andirons, Fenders & Mantles on sale. Come visit our retail space and give a facelift to your fireplace.
284 Highland Avenue
Saturday 10/10: 10am – 6pm
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale Select furniture, accessories and lighting on sale.
The Boston Design Center 1 Design Center Place Suite 300 Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Baker at Cabot House 220 Worcester Road Framingham, Massachusetts 01701
8/21 – 10/19
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Welcome Hometta New modern home plan company Hometta will show its first 24 house designs in an exhibition titled Welcome Hometta. Hometta sells small modern home plans under 2,500 square feet by two dozen renowned architecture studios, including over,under and Project_ of Boston. The exhibition features boards introducing the designs and the studios who designed them, as well as 1/16 inch 3D printed models of the houses.
pinkcomma gallery | 81B Wareham Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
10/16 – 11/6
• Builders Q & A Day at Boston Building Materials Co-op. If you’ve been thinking about a project to improve your home’s energy efficiency, this is a great place to start. You can get answers to your questions and meet some of the contractors in the Co-op’s referral file. Contractors from a variety of trades will be available to answer any questions you may have, whether they’re about a specific project or just something you’ve “always wondered.” Tradespeople will include: Carpenter, Plumber, Window restoration contractor, Energy efficiency specialist, Insulation contractor. Bring your specific questions, and expect to learn from the questions of other members as well!
Boston Building Materials Co-op | Building Materials Resource Center | 100 Terrace Street Roxbury, Massachusetts 02120
Saturday, 10/17: 3pm – 5pm
• Green Guild Film Festival
Films: The Muddy River Chronicles by Bob Nesson of Emerson College, The Carbon Footprint by Neight Brescia and Brian Moore, Bag It by Christine Giordano and Matthew M. Hashiguchi, Saving the Planet … One Home at a Time by Bob Nesson of Emerson College.
The Coolidge Corner Theatre |290 Harvard Street Brookline Massachusetts 02446
Wednesday, 10/21: 7pm – 9:30pm
• Marimekko Show D/R celebrates 50 years of Finnish Design in the U.S. — the fabrics and furnishings of the original Design Research is presented in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of D/R’s introduction of the bold colorful fabrics and fashions of the Marimekko Company of Helsinki, Finland.