• DWR Knoll Classics Sale
• The Brass Knob Sale
• Red Barn Mercantile Upholstery Sale
• HGTV Filming Kitchens in Baltimore
• YLiving Knoll Sale
• Abitare Sale
• Container Store's Elfa Sale
• ASID's Spring Spruce-Up
• Design Center Sample Sale
• Drawing Toward Home
• Revolutionary Interiors of Michael Taylor
• Mitchell Gold @ The House Downtown
Jump below for more information…
• DWR Knoll Classics Sale Save 15% on a selection of specially marked classics from Knoll. The discount is valid on select products by Knoll and includes a free upgrade to White Glove delivery service.
Adams Morgan | 1838 Columbia Road NW Washington DC 20009
Georgetown | 3307 Cady's Alley NW Washington DC 20007
Bethesda | 4828 Saint Elmo Avenue Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Philadelphia | 1710 Walnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Princeton | 30 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08542
Now - 2/7
• Red Barn Mercantile Upholstery Sale 25% off all benchmade upholstery.
113 South Columbus Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
• ASID's Spring Spruce-Up The Washington Metro Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) launches its annual Spring Spruce-Up on Super Bowl Sunday. The program matches consumers with ASID designers for a one or two hour consultation for the promotional rate of $100 per hour. All proceeds go directly to the chapter to support ASID activities.
Online registration: 2/7 at 9am. Applications for this quick-to-fill-up program will be accepted until all available slots are filled.
• HGTV Filming Kitchens in Baltimore Casting for Season 4 of HGTV's Bang For Your Buck and looking for 3 recent (within the last 3 years) Kitchen renovations between $20k-$120k in the greater Baltimore area to feature on the show. Since the show is very homeowner-centric, HGTV is looking for fun and enthusiastic homeowners that are ready and willing to show their space Interested? Contact Cyndi Oritz Office: 303.712.3177 | Cell: 757.817.7157 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS DUE 2/11
FILMING in Baltimore on 3/8 - 3/11
• Container Store's Elfa Sale Save 30% off Elfa AND 30% off Elfa installation.
Container Stores in the DC area:
DC | 4500 Wisconsin Avenue Washington, DC 20016
Arlington | 2800 Clarendon Boulevard R-750 Arlington, Virginia 22201
Rockville | 1601 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland 20852
Tysons Corner | 8508 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182
Now - 2/15
• Washington Design Center Sample Sale Visit The Washington Design Center for a chance to shop the region's most extensive and luxurious collection of home furnishings. Open to the public, the sample sale is the perfect opportunity to see the latest trends and products in home furnishings and decor and to shop hundreds of high-end items including furniture, rugs, lighting, art and accessories at up to 75 percent off.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
OPEN TO THE TRADE: 2/11 & 2/12: 9am - 5pm
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: 2/13: 10am - 3pm
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• Revolutionary Interiors of Michael Taylor Dubbed by the legendary Diana Vreeland as "the James Dean of Interior Design," Michael Taylor was one of the most innovative, imitated, and internationally respected design icons of the 20th century. Taylor revolutionized interior design with his invention of the "California Look" that brought the outdoors inside. On this evening, design expert and author Stephen Salny presents some of Taylor's most notable interiors, illustrates how Taylor's work continues to influence interior design today, and shares stories about the designer whose personality — as well as his interiors — were larger than life. Following the talk, Salny signs copies of his new book, Michael Taylor Interior Design. Members: $12 Public: $15
Corcoran Gallery of Art | 500 17th Street NW
• Mitchell Gold @ The House Downtown Renowned design expert Mitchell Gold will sign his timely new book, The Comfortable Home: How to Invest in Your Nest and Live Well for Less during a launch party and reception at The House Downtown. For one night only, Gold and The House Downtown will offer a buy one book, get one free promotion. The event is also the launch of Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams partnership with The House Downtown, Baltimore's premier independent retailer for classic, sophisticated furnishings and accessories. Starting in 2010, The House Downtown will be the only independent retailer in Maryland authorized to carry Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams furniture, which is known worldwide for its fine quality, comfort, and style.
The House Downtown | Belvedere Square/524 East Belvedere Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21212
3/11: 6pm - 8pm