• American Craft Council Show
• Baker & McGuire Sale
• DWR Storage Sale
• Container Store's Office Sale
• Jonathan Adler Upholstery Sale
• Creative Classics Furniture Sale
• The Company Store White Sale
• Conrad's Furniture Gallery Sale
• Drawing Toward Home
• The Brass Knob Sale
• Red Barn Mercantile Sale
• Abitare Sale
• Mitchell Gold @ The House Downtown
• Capital Design Days
• Find-A-Designer Day
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• American Craft Council Show The largest juried, indoor craft show in the nation. The highest quality of handmade jewelry, furniture, clothing, home décor, and more, available for purchase.
Baltimore Convention Center | One West Pratt Street Baltimore, Maryland 21201
2/25 - 2/28
Image is from Claudia Mills - booth 1307
• DWR Storage Sale Save 15% on select storage furniture.
Adams Morgan | 1838 Columbia Road NW Washington DC 20009
Georgetown | 3307 Cady's Alley NW Washington DC 20007
Bethesda | 4828 Saint Elmo Avenue Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Philadelphia | 1710 Walnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Princeton | 30 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08542
2/23 - 3/3
• Container Store's Work Smart Office Sale Save on office organizational supplies. During the sale, Container Store is providing FREE in-store "Get Your Office Working For You" demonstrations — every Saturday and Sunday at 2 pm & 4 pm from 2/27 - 3/28. They're giving away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the DC area:
DC | 4500 Wisconsin Avenue Washington, DC 20016
Arlington | 2800 Clarendon Boulevard R-750 Arlington, Virginia 22201
Rockville | 1601 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland 20852
Tysons Corner | 8508 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182
2/16 - 3/28
• The Company Store White Sale Bedding, blankets and towels on sale.
Now - 3/10
• Conrad's Furniture Gallery Sale Clearance sale up to 70% off.
101 King Street Alexandria, Virginia 22310
2/27 & 2/28: 11am - 7pm
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• ContextContrast: New Architecture in Historic Districts, 1967-2009 An exhibition exploring the role and realization of new architecture in urban historic districts — examples from New York relevant to cities around the country.
AIA National Headquarters | 1735 New York Avenue NW Washington DC
2/4 - 4/28
• Red Barn Mercantile Upholstery Sale 25% off all benchmade upholstery.
113 South Columbus Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Mitchell Gold @ The House Downtown Renowned design expert Mitchell Gold will sign his timely new book, The Comfortable Home: How to Invest in Your Nest and Live Well for Less during a launch party and reception at The House Downtown. For one night only, Gold and The House Downtown will offer a buy one book, get one free promotion. Baltimore's premier independent retailer for classic, sophisticated furnishings and accessories, The House Downtown is now authorized to carry Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams furniture. Starting in 2010, The House Downtown will be the only independent retailer in Maryland authorized to carry Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams furniture, which is known worldwide for its fine quality, comfort, and style.
The House Downtown | Belvedere Square/524 East Belvedere Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21212
3/11: 6pm - 8pm
• Capital Design Days The Washington Design Center's Capital Design Daysis an annual market extravaganza highlighting trends in furniture, design, textiles, and color. This year's celebration will educate and inspire trade professionals and students alike through guest lectures and feature presentations by industry leaders including House Beautiful Editor-In-Chief Stephen Drucker, Jamie Drake, Celerie Kemble, and Metropolis Editor-in-Chief Susan Szenasy.
DC Design Center
3/10 - 3/12
• Find-A-Designer Day Visit The Washington Design Center during the Traditional Home magazine Find-A-Designer Day to learn how to best use your time with a designer, receive a free 30 minute consultation with a design professional and have the opportunity to shop over 60 WDC showrooms. Additionally, design professionals can attend an informational presentation by Crans Baldwin, CEO of Donghia. At 6pm, attendees will be treated to a cocktail reception in the luxurious Century showroom.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
4/29: 2pm - 6pm