• Odegard Sale
• Daniel Donnelly Sale
• Reincarnations Furnishings Sidewalk Sale
• Baltimore Decorators' Show House
• Spring Garden Events in Baltimore
• Christina Haire Pillow Party
• Dwell Conversations: Designing Diplomacy
• Modern Embassy Walking Tour
Jump below for more information...
• Odegard Sale Odegard, a leading design company and the industry pioneer in modern hand knotted carpets, announces its first sale in the Washington DC area. Samples, overstock, discontinued, and one-of-a-kind rugs, furniture and accessory items.
3336 M Street NW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20007
5/14: 10am - 7pm
5/15-16: 10am - 6pm
5/17: 12pm - 6pm
• Daniel Donnelly Sale Daniel Donnelly Modern Design's annual sale. The 23-year-old modern furniture store is discounting most floor models from such manufacturers such Herman Miller, Fritz Hansen and Modernica. Its inventory of vintage furniture and new special orders also will be marked down. Expect discounts from 20 to 50%.
520 N. Fayette St. Alexandria, Virginia
• Reincarnations Furnishings Sidewalk Sale A truckload of discontinued, overstocked, scratched or dented furnishings will be discounted by 50 to 80%. That includes sofas, coffee tables, bar stools and cabinets. 1401 14th St. NW
5/16: 11am - 3ish
• Baltimore Decorators' Show House Proceeds benefit the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Educational Programming. See Kimber's post for more information and the official site for tickets and scheduling.
4/26 - 5/17
• Spring Garden Events in Baltimore. Kimber has rounded up a ton of spring garden and planting events in Baltimore, Maryland.
• Christina Haire Pillow Party Christina Haire Interior Design Studio will be showcasing pillows from all over the world - bold graphics, luscious silks, animal prints and antique textiles - and offering a complimentary pillow consult for the weary, well-worn and woefully without color. Spend $250 or more and receive 20% off your total purchase.
4905 Hampden Lane, #12 Bethesda, Maryland 20814
5/20: 11am - 6pm
• Dwell Conversations: Designing Diplomacy In this Dwell Conversation, Dwell editor Aaron Britt will take up the issues of design, diplomacy, security and sustainability as he's joined by Washington Post culture critic Philip Kennicott, architectural historian and professor at the University of Maryland Jane Loeffler, and Joe Toussaint of the Overseas Building Office at the State Department. Tickets $8.
Embassy of Finland, 3301 Massachusetts Ave., NW Washington, District of Columbia 2008
5/21: 7pm – 9:30pm
• Modern Embassy Walking Tour Spend your Friday morning learning about Washington's modern architectural history and taking a rare peek inside some the best architecture the world has to offer. We will begin the tour at Dupont Circle at 10:00 am and end the tour at 2:00 pm with a no-host lunch at Amy's Pizza on Macomb Street NW. Wear comfortable shoes for this 3 mile walk. Stops along the way include rare peeks inside the Danish Embassy and Residence, the Embassy of Finland, and the Swiss Embassy Residence. We'll also wander past the English, Italian, Belgian and Brazilian Embassies, as well as other uniquely Washingtonian architectural treats. Tickets $20.
Meeting point: Dupont Circle, 1909 Q St NW, Washington, DC 20008
5/22: 10am - 2pm