You know what they say: Everybody's working for the weekend. Ain't it the truth! So let's try to make the most of it. This edition of the Weekend Guide is chock full of 47 sales and events to keep you busy and your home well stocked. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event for future editions of the Guide.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• West Elm Bedding + Bath Sale 20% off select bedding and bath supplies.
Online & in stores
• 20x200 Ridonk Sale 20x200 is offering 20% off, sitewide, with a special deal every day as well.
1/27 - 1/31
• Baker Furniture Curtain Call Sample Sale Save on select floor models, while supplies last.
• The Blue Monkey: "Bisous" Down-Filled Baby Sleepsacks Promo Purchase a "Bisous" Baby Sleepsack, filled with Certified Canadian Duck Down, from the 2013 Winter Collection and receive a FREE Blue Monkey Snuggly Undershirt.
• CoolChairz.com Sterling Office Chair Sale 10% Off the entire selection of Sterling Office Chairs.
• ESP Sale Save 15% off all orders from ESP's eco-friendly and toxin-free products to help people make the switch to a healthier lifestyle while promoting environmental sustainability.
• Vermont Woods Studios Winter Bedroom Furniture Sale Enjoy winter savings on top quality American made bedroom furniture. Save 10% on one piece, 15% on two pieces or 20% on three+ pieces of real wood furniture.
• Fab Winter Warehouse Sale Save up to 70% off.
• Allen Booth Education Award Allen Booth features the goods of America's craftsmen at and they are trying to raise awareness of the value of craft training. On February 1st they will give $500 to a small organization that teaches a skilled trade to young people.
• Keep On Giving at Gus* Modern 15% off all Gus* Modern (includes upholstery, beds, dining, storage, accents, lighting and accessories) for consumers who bring 3 non-perishable food items to a Gus* retailer for donation to a local food bank.
All Gus* Retailers
• Au Lit Fine Linens White Sale Save up to 50% off online and in store on bed linens, duvets, pillows, and more. Free shipping on online orders over $250 (U.S. and Canada only).
• BoConcept Nationwide January Design Sale BoConcept's nationwide January Design Sale kicked off earlier this week. In addition to discounts on select accessories up to 40% off, BoConcept is introducing a new sofa -- the LAGONI -- available during the sale period only.
All BoConcept Stores
• Élan Furniture Surfboard Coffee Table Launch Sale Save over 20% on the launch of Élan's new Surfboard Coffee Table.
• Cloud Noir Reclaimed Wood Table Sale 20% off all floor model reclaimed wood dining tables.
• House Couturier Limited Luxury quilt and eco cushions sale - 20% reduction on hand made silk quilts and eco quilts.
• Fatboy (PRODUCT)RED at AllModern Save 38% on Fatboy (PRODUCT)RED beanbags and Waynecoolers and for every Fatboy (PRODUCT)RED purchase, 10% will go to help deliver an AIDS free generatoin by 2015.
• Que Sera Lighting Sale The Que Sera lighting sale offers twenty-five percent off all lighting in-stock and best of all, special order! Custom lighting is included in the discount, so design your own or choose from the selection of chic, vintage-inspired lighting.
Online and in store
• Serenity Stumps Sale Bring the outdoors in with the rustic Natural Tree Stump Side Table. All wood stumps come from a responsible managed Forest (FSC- Certified Forest) in Perth, Ontario, Canada.
• Greentea Design Winter Sale Savings up to 30% on all collections and 60% in the outlet section.
• Art V Cancer Valentines Promotion Offer Valentines Day is fast approaching and Art V Cancer is offering everyone who purchases a limited edition print a copy of the highly sought after 'Building bridges, not Empires' print free. There are several cool prints available to buy on Art V Cancer that would warm your loved ones heart on Valentines Day and not only that you would be donating money to Cancer Charities in the process, spreading the love.
• Home Remedy Annual Winter Sale The annual Home Remedy Winter Sale event includes home accessories from Pantone, Virginia Johnson, Patch NYC and more, marked down from 30% to 75% off.
• Nest Vintage Modern DIY Event Drop in on Nest Vintage Modern for free demonstrations using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for your flea market or thrift shop finds.
Nest Vintage Modern | 3750 Grand Boulevard, Brookfield, Illinois 60513
1/26: 10am - 6pm
• Chicago Center for The Print "The Mad Men of the Airline Poster & The Golden Age of Graphic Design 1950'- 1960's," an ongoing exhibition online and in the gallery.
Chicago Center for The Print | 1509 West Fullerton Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• Golden Triangle Lamp Gallery Let the light in for 2013. The showing will include singles, pairs, re-purposed items, Art Deco, Chinese, and more. They'll will even let you design your own lamp with a variety of lamp shades, finials, harps, and bases to choose from in our hands-on lamp workshop station.
Golden Triangle | 330 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60610
• Molly Briggs' "Walking, Looking, Making" Zg Gallery is pleased to present Molly Briggs' fourth exhibition "Walking, Looking, Making: New Paintings". Briggs uses landscape and the built environment as a means to consider the nature of reality and the ways that desire and expectation, shape our perception of the world.
Zg Gallery | 300 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• Cisco Home Factory Sale Cisco Home will be holding our annual Factory Sale from January 24th-27th. We're clearing our warehouse. Prices on samples and floor models are slashed 40-60%.
Cisco Home Warehouse | 5955 South Western Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90047
• Lemmon Hill Month Long Sale Storewide sale throughout the month of January! Barware 25% off, lighting 50% off, furniture 30-50% off and lots more.
Lemmon Hill | 2511 Mission Street, San Marino, California 91108
• 52nd Annual Original Miami Beach Antique Show The Original Miami Beach Antique Show promises to offer the latest trends and collections from more than 900 established exhibitors. The Miami Beach Convention Center will be transformed into a treasure-trove to hold the latest home decor, antique jewelry and estate pieces.
Miami Beach Convention Center | 1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, Florida 33139
1/31 - 2/3
• oh baby! Clearance Sale oh baby! is offering clearance discounts from 40-75% off both previously-discounted merchandise as well as the new spring collection!
oh baby! | 3509 Galleria, Edina, Minnesota 55435
• Lepere Sample Sale Lepere showcases a collection which closes the gap between continents with innovative designs from Belgium, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain. The Lepere Sample Sale will include furniture, lighting, and rugs previously highlighted in the showroom at 50-80% off their original retail prices.
Lepere | 20 West 22nd Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10010
1/25 - 1/27
• Blu Homes 'Breezehouse' Grand Opening Join green precision-home builder Blu Homes in Copake, NY at the Grand Opening of the first Breezehouse built on the East Coast. This Breezehouse, the first in a development of 12 lots, works with the environment to create a beautiful, healthy and light-drenched home, complete with stunning views of the Hudson Valley! Enjoy food, beverages and local art on display as you tour this 3 bedroom, 3 bath architectural icon. RSVP REQUIRED
Breezehouse | 23 Peartree Lane, Copake, New York 12529
1/26 - 1/27: 11am - 4pm
• ABC Carpet & Home Winter Sale Everything in the store will be on sale, including furniture, rugs, lighting, decorative pillows and accessories reduced up to 60% off. The sale will include select product from Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tom Dixon, Matteo, BluDot, Dwell, Cobble Hill, Barbara Barry and more, as well as an amazing selection of rugs, sectionals and sofas.
e.com/">ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway, New York, New York 10003
• Plexi-Craft Sale Plexi-Craft is cleaning house from 2012. They are selling overstocked, discontinued, and slightly imperfect acrylic furniture at deeply discounted prices. All items are on display at their showroom in Long Island City and are available for immediate pick-up or delivery.
Plexi-Craft | 30-02 48th Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11101
• Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics--especially the rise of single adults--are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
• Clover Market's Winter Market Ardmore PA's wildly popular outdoor Market will be heading indoors for the first time. The carefully selected group of vendors will offer antiques and architectural salvage, finely crafted handmade items, vintage clothing and jewelry, and original art and photography. The Winter Market will also feature an assortment of Philly-based food trucks and will include a series of small, hands on DIY workshops with some of Philly's finest makers.
Clover Market | 22 South 23rd Street,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
1/27: 10am - 5pm
• Paper: A Deckled Edge The Paper Artwork of Lesley Haas Lesley Haas, a native of Philadelphia, made her home in Heidelberg, Germany from 1988 until 1996 and again from 1999 to 2000. There she opened her first paper studio. She developed an interest in handmade paper after viewing a comprehensive New York exhibition in which the artworks were made with paper. Paper dresses, scrolls and recycled paper art can be found among her artworks. As an extension of her papermaking Haas has created numerous objects from vegetable papyrus.
Kamin Gallery, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library | 3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
• Furniturea January "Ice House" Sale It's a tent sale in the winter. Gus* Modern upholstery is 15% off, plus selected showroom and warehouse items are 25%-40% off.
Furniturea | 75 Market Street, Portland, Maine 04101
• South Street Linen January Colorful White Sale All long and short hand block printed 100% linen table runners and napkins are discounted.
South Street Linen | 5 South Street, Portland, Maine 04021
• Thrifty Nickel Design Tours Design Evening Join Thrifty Nickel Design Tours at Rocket Century, a Mid Century Modern home furnishings store, for food, drinks and a special Mid Century Modern DIY project. Tickets $12 online, $15 at the door.
Rocket Century | 3189 South Grand, St. Louis, Missouri 63118
1/30: 6:30pm - 9pm
• Erica Tanov Berkeley Bi-Annual Sale A two-day, bi-annual sale at Erica Tanov Berkeley is offering deep discounts up to 75% off samples and past season's clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories and select home accessory items, including quilts, bed linens, blankets and throws. Fabric remnants will also be available, and bins of clothing items from $10 per item upwards.
Erica Tanov | 1827 Fourth Street, Berkeley, California 94710
1/26: 11am - 6pm
1/27: 11am - 6pm
• Secession Art & Design's One and Only Annual Sale The holidays were about finding that perfect gift for family and friends, but this weekend it's all about YOU! If there was that special something on your wish list, now's the time to treat yourself. Enjoy 20% off store-wide on art, clothing, and jewelry.
Secession Art & Design | 3361 Mission Street, San Francisco, California 94110
• 12th Annual Sugar & Champagne This celebration of all things sweet showcases the DC area's most talented pastry chefs. Enjoy delectable confections complemented by some of the world's finest sparkling wines. The VIP Chefs' Tasting Room presents an exclusive savory gathering prepared by the finest chefs of the national capital region. In addition to honoring our own officers, the Washington Humane Society (WHS) honors our community's "Humane Heroes" who have had a positive impact on the lives of animals in the District and who have shown tremendous support for our programs and services.
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center | 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004
1/31: 6pm - 9pm
• Valerianne's 5th Annual White Sale Up to 75% off all in-stock linens and 20% off special orders. All down sleeping pillows, duvet inserts and wool mattress pads are 20% off as well as special pricing on sheeting, duvet and coverlet orders.
Valerianne | 211 Mill Street NE, Vienna, Virginia 22180
• Detroit is No Dry Bones: Photographs by Camilo Jose Vergara Sociologist Camilo Jose Vergara has documented Detroit's decline for over 25 years. His photographs illustrate the tension between Detroit's industrial ruins and its surviving communities as the city has continued to shrink and reinvent itself.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: AllModern, Blu Homes, Vermont Woods Studios, Home Remedy)