Our weekly list of carefully curated sales and events can help you no matter where you live. Click below for our massive list of deals at national retailers, local floor sample and warehouse sales, seasonal events, not-to-be-missed museum exhibitions, showhouses and home & design-centric lectures and discussions. Pass it on and send us your sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• West Elm Bedroom Sale Save 15% on all bedroom furniture.
Online and in stores
• BoConcept Spring Cleaning Sale BoConcept is hosting their annual spring cleaning event in March as they make space for their brand new collection arriving in April. All clearance items and floor sample designs are up to 60% off.
Online and in stores
• Modani Spring Sale Modani Furniture will be putting select items on sale – up to 50 percent off! From the New York Sofa Bed (a steal at only $990 in white and black) to modern lighting, office furniture, dining room furniture, modern benches (only $490) and everything in between.
Online and in stores
• At West End St. Paddy's Day Green Sale At West End is celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a green sale. From repurposed teak furniture to bags made from recycled newspaper, AWE makes purchasing environmentally conscience products a thing of beauty. For a limited time, get $5 shipping on any order, any size within the continental US.
• Green Paper House Launch To celebrate the launch of Green Paper House's online store, receive the "Life is 2" print on fine art paper for only $1 with any purchase. The size of the print depends on the dollar amount of purchase (shipping not included). For example: a purchase of at least $36 will get you a 20" x 24" print, a purchase of at least $30 will get you a 16" x 20" print, and a purchase of at least $13 will get you a 10" x 12" print.
• Spring Cleaning Sale Shelfwire.com is having a spring cleaning and organizing sale with 20% off store wide. Design your own chrome shelving and storage furniture with the interactive shelving designer.
• Lightology Venetia Studium Sale 10% off Venetia Studium, a line of handmade glass and silk chandeliers, wall sconces and floor lamps inspired by Mariano Fortuny and crafted in Italy.
• Clever Tomato's Sahara Package Deal For every ebony Sahara Crib and Sahara Changing Table you buy, get 2 ebony Sahara Dressers free.
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• John Brooks: A Collaboration with Nature An exhibition of forty works by the nationally recognized New Hampshire sculptor and furniture maker.
Currier Museum of Art | 150 Ash Street, Manchester, New Hampshire 03104
3/19 - 6/12
• Apartment Therapy Design Evening Kristin FitzGerrell with Studio 22 RSVP
Design Within Reach | 2049 Broadway, Boulder, Colorado 80302
• Chicago Flower and Garden Show See what's new in the world of flowers, hang around for a "potting party", or attend one of the education seminars at this annual event.
Navy Pier | 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611
3/5 - 3/13
• Outdoor Living: Creating a Garden Room Now that spring is approaching, it's time to plan for outdoor living. Your garden, deck or patio may lack the elements that make it comfortable and inviting. To get more use from your outdoor spaces, learn the basic steps to create a garden room using landscape materials that represent the elements of a room such as walls, windows and doors. The characteristics of the space, coupled with your style and physical and emotional preferences, will suggest how you can create a garden room that invites you outdoors and creates a space for a private retreat or a welcoming place to entertain. REGISTER
Chicago Architecture Foundation | 224 S. Michigan Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60604
3/12: 10am - 12pm
• Ligne Roset Warehouse Sale Upholstery, beds, cabinetry, accessories, lighting, rugs and more will be available for purchase at 30-60% below retail price.
Ligne Roset Warehouse | 440 North Wells, Chicago, Illinois 60654
3/17 - 3/20
• Jayson Home & Garden Sale Save 20% on all upholstered furniture, including customer orders and all the new spring sofas, chairs, ottomans, and beds.
Jayson Home and Garden | 1885 North Clybourn, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• Long Beach Art Walk Long Beach Heritage's annual Loft Walk will feature the International Tower, the round soda pop building across from the Villa Riviera on Ocean Boulevard. The evening starts at 5 pm and includes viewings of a half dozen homes, appetizers and drinks. In addition, there will be talks on the history of Long Beach during the 1960s, mid-century modern architecture, and the revolutionary structural engineering of the International Tower. RSVP
Long Beach Loft Walk | 700 East Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, California 90802
3/12: 5pm - 8pm
• J Robert Scott Parking Lot Sale They are making way for new furniture in all of the J Robert Scott showrooms and that means a huge parking lot sample sale! Now you can have the furniture items you have admired at a tremendously reduced price.
J Robert Scott | 8710 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90048
3/12: 9am - 5pm
• Mid-Century Sidewalk Sale Come out and hunt for super deals up to 50% off mid century goodies at this massive two-estate sale.
45 Three Modern Vintage Home | 1051 1/2 South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90019
3/12: 10am - 6pm
• Cloud Noir Spring Sale Take 25% off all farmhouse dining tables and benches.
Cloud Noir | 8044 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Exhibition and Sale of Treasures from the Personal Collections of Jack Lenor Larsen Jack Lenor Larsen is a world-renowned innovator in fabric design and its technologies whose colors, materials and weaves established the standards for superlative modern textiles and have become synonymous with modern 20th century design at its pinnacle of style and sophistication. The event will showcase exceptional tribal rugs, ethnographic textiles, decorative arts, pottery, modern crafts, basketry & books chosen by Mr. Larsen himself. There will be 50+ items available ranging from $400 to $13,000 in price.
The Wild Horses of Sable Island Gallery | 13 Crosby Street, New York, New York 10013
PREVIEW 3/10: 6pm - 9pm
SALE 3/11 - 3/12: 12pm - 6pm
• Antiques & Art at the Armory Avenue Antiques & Art at the Armory features over 40 dealers specializing in high quality art and antiques. There will also be guest lecturers and book signings. Tickets
Park Avenue Armory | 643 Park Avenue, New York, New York 10065
3/11: 11am - 7:30pm
3/12: 11am - 7:30pm
3/13: 11am - 5:30pm
• Modernism Magazine Spring Issue Launch Party DWR and Modernism Magazine celebrate the launch of its Spring 2011 issue. Stop in to pick up a copy of the magazine, nosh on light snacks and shop our Semiannual Sale. Meet editor-in-chief Andrea Truppin and co-publisher and director of advertising Jennifer Strauss of Modernism and enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. RSVP
DWR Princeton Studio | 30 Nassau Street, Princeton, New Jersey 08542
3/15: 12pm - 7pm
• Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen Counter Space explores the twentieth-century transformation of the kitchen and highlights MoMA's recent acquisition of an unusually complete example of the iconic "Frankfurt Kitchen," designed in 1926–27 by the architect Grete Schütte-Lihotzky.
MoMA | 11 West 53rd Street, New York, New York 10019
• Property Bi-annual Sale Take 20% off all new orders and save up to 60% on floor models and samples.
Property | 14 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10013
3/19 - 4/5
• Patrick Jouin: From Kitchen to Table @ MAD The first solo exhibition at an American museum of the work of this prolific 42-year-old French designer.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019
• Tim Groen Solo Exhibition Ivy Brown Gallery is pleased to announce artist/designer Tim Groen's second solo exhibition with the gallery. Using captions that clarify illustrations in books, Tim Groen has been creating an ongoing series of collages, titled "Captions." Hand cutting each letter, using a font based on a 19th century wood type, he mounts the descriptive texts on identically sized boards.
Ivy Brown Gallery | 675 Hudson Street, New York, New York 10014
3/3 - 4/22
• Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World) This first major museum survey of the work of illustrator, author and designer Maira Kalman features a selection spanning thirty years of 100 original paintings, drawings, and sketches shown along with the many ways Kalman's work has entered contemporary culture - in books and magazines, and on commercial products, from clothing to watches. Less widely seen works in photography, embroidery, textiles, and performance are also included. Kalman illuminates contemporary life with a profound sense of joy and unique sense of humor. As a context for this survey, Kalman has created a special installation to reveal some source material she has gathered as collector, walker, traveler, reader and maker of lists. Furnished with chairs, ladders and "many tables of many things," this installation offers a view of how she sees the world, both in and outside the studio.
The Jewish Museum | 1109 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10128
• Thinking Outside the Box: European Cabinets, Caskets, and Cases Featuring 100 works selected from the Museum's Department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
Through Summer 2011
SAN FRANCISCO & BAY AREA
• SFDC Sample Sale The San Francisco Design Center in conjunction with some of the Bay Area's most talented designers and antique dealers are holding their annual sample sale. Get up to 70% off from participating showrooms as well as shop from over 12 Bay area designers and antique dealers who will set up shop in the Atrium for the weekend.
San Francisco Design Center | 101 Henry Adams Street, San Francisco, California 94103
3/12: 10am - 5pm
3/13: 10am - 4pm
• Apartment Therapy Design Evening At St. Louis' premiere Design Evening, Phil Durham, architect and founder of Studio/Durham Architects will present, "Beyond Cookie Cutter Design: Using Custom Made Furniture To Create Spectacular Spaces." RSVP
Centro Modern Furnishings | 4727 McPherson Avenue Saint Louis, Missouri 63108
• Philbrook Museum of Art's American Streamlined Design Exhibition Philbrook Museum of Art will open American Streamlined Design: The World of Tomorrow, focusing on a design era that emerged during the 1930s and 1940s, characterized by curving forms, and smooth, clean silhouettes. Over 185 objects in diverse new materials, from Bakelite to stainless steel, are organized thematically around the spheres of American life in the 1930s-50s: the office and workroom, the living room, kitchen, and bath, recreation and transportation. A final section, Streamlining Now, looks at how streamlining still affects design today.
Philbrook Musuem of Art | 2727 South Rockford Road, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74114
• Apartment Therapy Design Evening Lauren Liess of The Pure Style RSVP
Sukio Design Co. | 1712 14th Street NW, Washington DC
• Orchids: A View From the East Orchids have been a part of Chinese culture for many centuries, permeating Chinese history, legends, literature and art. Since ancient times, orchids have been celebrated in China for their beauty and fragrance, and appreciated as symbols of nobility, friendship and refinement. The exhibition reflects
these themes and introduces visitors to long-standing traditions and contemporary trends in Chinese orchid culture.
Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History | 10th Street and Constitution Avenue, Washington, DC 20560
• Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s @ NBM Between 1933 and 1940, during the bleak years of the Great Depression, tens of millions of visitors flocked to world's fairs in six American cities: Chicago, San Diego, Dallas, Cleveland, San Francisco, and New York. The National Building Museum's upcoming exhibition Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s explores how fair designers and planners employed innovative architecture, urban planning, and industrial design as vehicles for promoting a more hopeful vision for the future.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
Send it to us. We publish every week: