This weekend marks the beginning of Daylight Savings Time. We'll be taking the next step toward spring but we'll also be losing an hour of our weekend. Check out the sales and events we've rounded up in The Weekend Guide to make the most of your limited time. Then, pass it on and send us your own sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Vermont Woods Studios Fine Dining Furniture Sale Savings up to 15% on Vermont Woods' dining furniture plus free shipping.
• Wallissimo Silhouette Sale Save 20% on selected silhouettes.
• Ligne Roset Outdoor Collection Sale Ligne Roset is offering a 15% discount on their entire outdoor furniture and accessory collection, including pieces recently introduced at the Maison et Objet furniture fair in January. Order now for spring delivery.
All Ligne Roset showrooms and dealers
• Lumens Design Event Save up to 40% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, FLOS, Tom Dixon, FontanaArte, Vibia and more.
• Alessi Time Is Money Sales Promotion Aless is offering a special Daylight Savings promotion of 20% off all watches, clocks and timers with a special 40% off the blue Luna wristwatch.
Online and in stores
• Bright Lights, Big Love Underline Gallery is thrilled to present the glittering, visceral Bright Lights, Big Love. Gathering artists from around the globe, Bright Lights, Big Love spotlights a variety of mediums. From light installations and sculpture to painting and photography, these ephemeral, subjective media demonstrate, question, and complicate the fragility and uncertainty of intimacy. The underpinning narrative of the collection speaks to the creation and destruction of relationships. The curators at Underline have managed to cull alluring, new works that address a particularly relevant theme in the coldest months: The seasonal nature of love.
Underline Gallery | 238 West 14th Street, New York, New York 10011
• Pompanoosuc Mills Spring Sale 20% Off standard Pompanoosuc Mills furniture orders plus free, local delivery on qualifying orders.
• Jayson Home Upholstery Sale Take 20% off all upholstered furniture including custom orders.
• Andersen Exterior Trim Design Contest To showcase the new Andersen Exterior Trim System, the company is launching a contest for architects and designers to render and submit an original building design using Andersen exterior trim as a building component. Up to five (5) designs will be selected. Contest winners will receive a trip to Minnesota for an architectural tour of the Twin Cities and a facilities tour of Andersen Corporation. CONTEST DETAILS
• Beauty as Duty Exhibit This exhibition looks at ways that textiles were put into service on Britain's Home Front in the 1940s. Mass-produced "utility" clothes had to conform to strict government regulations, yet managed to be fashionable.
Beauty as Duty at The Museum of Fine Arts | 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 04101
• Unison Studio + Store Opening The Unision studio + store will be open to the public every Friday. Walk into 1100 square feet of retail space featuring Unison's entire collection plus unique accessories by other designers.
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street F-109, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Fridays: 12pm - 6pm
• Early California Antiques Gala Grand Opening Early California Antiques has expanded to a new 4500 sq ft remodeled theatre in the heart of the bike district of East Hollywood. Built in 1927 and boarded over for the last 20 years, Eric Berg stocks his store with pre-1942 California antiques, rare and classic period Monterey, Spanish Revival, California and Mexican Colonial antiquestiques | 4361 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90029
3/16: 7pm - 12am
• Craftcation: Indie Business & DIY Conference Craftcation is a three day indie business and DIY conference with top industry professionals leading attendees in workshops, panel discussions and Q & A sessions in business, art, craft and food. REGISTRATION
The Crowne Plaza Hotel | 430 East Harbor Boulevard, Ventura, California 93001
3/23 - 3/25
• Silhouettes Exhibition Opening New art exhibition Silhouettes opens during Miracle Mile's Artwalk. New figurative series debut from artists Daniel Maltzman, Edith Konrad, Mark Acetelli, Ekaterina Moré and Judy Zimbert among others. Barely contained forms, ethereal hues and poetic shapes fuel the imagination in the new show.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
Exhibition: Through 4/19
• The Armory Show Now celebrating its fourteenth year, the Armory Show is re-establishing itself as the most adventurous and dynamic contemporary art fair in New York City. TICKETS
Pier 92 & 94 | 12th Avenue at 55th Street, New York, New York 10019
3/8 - 3/11
• ABC Carpet & Home's Annual Bronx Warehouse Outlet Sale The annual sale from ABC Carpet's Warehouse Outlet features up to 75% off original prices on furniture, rugs, lighting, linens and accessories. The sale will include some incredible product from Calvin Klein, Herman Miller, John Reeves, TheodoreAlexander and The Conran Shop.
ABC Carpet & Home's Annual Bronx Warehouse | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472
• Classic Rug Collection Moving Sale Classic Rug Collection is moving so most in-stock rugs are 25-75% off. Plus, there's special pricing on all pillows and ottomans and 20% off all new custom rug orders.
Classic Rug Collection | 205 East 60th Street, New York, New York 10022
• Duncan Phyfe: Master Cabinetmaker in New York In the early 1800s, furniture from the workshop of New York City cabinetmaker Duncan Phyfe was in such demand that he was referred to as the "United States Rage." Organized chronologically, this exhibition presents the cabinetmaker's life and work through drawings, documents, personal possession, and furniture. Portraits of his clients and contemporary depictions of New York City street scenes and domestic interiors provide a glimpse into Phyfe's milieu.
Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
• Sky and Sea at Lux Archive Lux Archive is pleased to announce Sky and Sea, an exhibition of twelve fine-art photographs by artists Alessandro Puccinelli, Paul Nelson and Nenad Saljic. The exhibition features three series of images, each a portrayal of one element from the natural world. All twelve images are new additions to Lux Archive and are available for purchase as limited-edition prints. The first 25 guests will receive a $25 coupon for use on the Lux Archive website.
Lux Archive | 211 North 11th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
Opening Reception: 2/9: 6pm - 8pm
Exhibit: Through 5/9
• 2012 Philadelphia International Flower Show The Pennsylvania Convention Center will be transformed into a Hawaiian paradise for the International Flower Show, whose theme this year is "Islands of Aloha".
Pennsylvania Convention Center | 12th & Arch Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
• Ligne Roset Philadelphia Moving Sale Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, is offering a discount on all floor items and overstocked warehouse items at the Philadelphia showroom. Discounted items include the Confluences Sofa, originally $6825, now $3999; the Cemia Sideboard, originally $5625, now $3375; and the Soft & Doux Rug in black, originally $2040, now $999. as well as many more. Following the sale, Ligne Roset Philadelphia will be moving to its new location in the Center City District.
Ligne Roset | 4131 Main Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19127
• Art Month at Mixture In Mixture's continuing support of local artists, they are having a huge, first-time ever promotion. Take 25% off all original artwork, including paintings, photography, sculpture, lighting.
Mixture | 2210 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, California 92101
• Skill Exchange Workshop Series at Pot + Pantry Mi Piace Kate Design is collaborating with kitchen boutique Pot + Pantry to host a series of free skill-exchange workshops, presented by local makers, chefs, gardeners, bakers, foodies and farmers. From beer brewing, raw recipes, fermentation, preserving and urban gardening, join us and learn more through our demonstrations, tastings and good conversation at Pot + Pantry. Expect Bay Area artisans and entrepreneurs from INNA Jam, Sightglass Coffee, Namu, Almanac Beer, Red Circle Tea, Revival Bar + Kitchen, Town Cutler, plus many more.
RESERVATIONS & LIST OF UPCOMING WORKSHOPS
Pot + Pantry | 593 Guerrero Street, San Francisco, California 94110
Thursdays 6pm - 8pm
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images Clockwise: McGuire Furniture, Unison, Lumens, Jayson Home)