The Weekend Guide: Sales & Events
• Dune’s Spring Clearance Sale
• SUITE New York Sale
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams sale
• Maison24 Shag Rug Sale
• MUJI Beds & Bedding Sale
• Classic Rug Collection Moving Sale
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale
• Orley & Shabahang Sample Sale
• 3r Living Anniversary Sale
• Conran Shop Warehouse Sale
• Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse
• Aronson’s Floor Covering Spring Warehouse Sale
• DWR Presents: M+D+F
• Knoll Sale
• Affordable Art Fair
Jump below for more information…
• Dune’s Spring Clearance Sale 20% off new furniture and rug orders and up to 70% off selected floor samples.
Dune Showroom @ 88 Franklin Street
3/27 – 4/11
• SUITE New York Sale 20% off selected iconic furniture
625 Madison Avenue, suite 218
M-F 9am – 6pm
Sat 11am – 5pm
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale 20% off all casegoods and special order upholstery: sofas, sectionals, sleepers, chairs, beds, ottomans and more. Select from hundreds of frames in hundreds of fabric and leather options. 300+ fabrics: linens, velvets, denims, stripes, prints. 40+ leathers: browns, blacks, blues, cremes, tans. 450+ frames: modern to traditional to cottage. Delivered to you in approximately six short weeks.
210 Lafayette at Kenmare Square
ABC Carpet & Home / 888 Broadway / 4th Floor
Now – 5/10
• Maison24 Shag Rug Sale 20% off standard and custom sizes. Versatile, durable, and easy to maintain, these chic shags are gorgeous over any flooring – wood, marble, or tile – and are available in seven richly saturated colors and timeless snow white. 100% premium nylon. Shag rugs delivered to your door in 3 weeks or less!
2424 Main Street Bridgehampton, New York, 11932 or online
Mon. – Sat. 10am – 6pm
Sun. 11am – 5pm
Sale through 4/30
• MUJI Sale 20% off All Bedding, Cushions, and Bed Frames.
SoHo, Chelsea, Times Square and JFK Airport locations.
4/2 – 4/26
• Classic Rug Collection Moving Sale All in-stock Gee’s Bend hand-knotted and hand-tufted rugs are now 75% off! Our finest 150 knot pashmina and silk rugs and 300 knot silk rugs are 50% off. And we still have about a dozen of the Gee’s Bend hand-woven flatweaves that were $349 and are now $99!
235 E. 60th St., Ste. 1 NYC 10022
M-F 10am – 5:30pm or by appointment
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale from their factory in Italy. Customers can save up to 80% original retail prices. While supplies last.
59 Crosby Street (between Spring and Broome Streets)
Mon – Sat: 11am – 7pm
Sun: 12pm – 6pm
• Orley & Shabahang Spring Sample Sale Select Contemporary and Antique Persian Carpets 20-40% off.
241 E. 58th Street
Mon – Sat: 10am – 6pm
3/25 – 4/30
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 – 9/7
• Greenjeans Closing Webshop Sale Unprecedented discounts on jewelry, ceramics, sculpture, furniture, and much more will start appearing in the coming days in Greenjeans Webshop — 40-75% off original prices.
3/20 – 4/12 — New items placed on sale every day.
• 3r Living Anniversary Sale Sure, the economy is in the dumps, but 5 years is a real reason to celebrate! Join Samantha and Mark for a little shopping, a glass of organic wine and a light snack on Thursday, April 16th and get 15% off of any item you buy in the Brooklyn store on that day! Mention our anniversary in Maplewood and get the same deal!
276L 5th Avenue, Bet. 1st Street and Garfield Place, Park Slope, Brooklyn
147 Maplewood Avenue, Maplewood New Jersey
Thursday, 4/16: Discount valid all day, Wine and Snacks from 6pm – 9pm
• Conran Shop Warehouse Sale Up to 75% off. Furniture, Sofas, Accessories, Discontinued Lines, Floor Displays and Buyers Samples. All sales final. No returns. Delivery charges applicable. First come, first served.
407 East 59th Street (at First Avenue)
4/17 – 4/18: 10am – 7pm
4/19: 11am – 6pm
• Kips Bay Decorator Show House Admission is $30, which includes the Journal and Source Book. Group Admission is $25 per person for groups of 20 people or more. General admission tickets may be purchased at the door, upon arrival. No entry 1/2 hour before closing. Children under 6 (including infants) and pets are not admitted.
22 East 71st Street, New York
4/17 – 5/17
• Aronson’s Floor Covering Spring Warehouse Sale Up to a 60% discount on hundreds of area rugs including shag, flatweave, and needlepoint rugs from Merida Meridian in wool, sisal, abaca, and jute, as well as on overstock and remnants from additional manufacturers.
Aronson’s Floor Covering, 135 W 17th Street, NY, NY 10011 (between 6th and 7th Avenues)
Designer Preview Date – Thursday, 4/23 from 6pm – 8pm
Main Event Dates – 4/24, 4/25, 4/27 from 10am – 6pm
• DWR Presents: M+D+F M+D+F 2009 is a juried exhibition of innovative furniture by emerging designers in the New York area. Organized by the DWR Flatiron Studio, M+D+F provides an opportunity for peer, public and professional recognition for up-and-coming designers and firms. For 2009, the jurors are Tom Delavan (www.tomdelavan.com), interior designer and former editor-at-large for Domino magazine, interior and set designer and Top Design Season 2 finalist Ondine Karady (www.ondinekarady.com), and award-winning lighting and furniture designer David Weeks (www.davidweeksstudio.com). The winning entries will be presented at the Flatiron Studio on April 30.
Flatiron Studio 903 Broadway (at 20th) New York, NY 10010
4/30: 7pm – 9pm
• Knoll Sale Over 100 mid century classic and modern designs on sale. Choose products in various fabrics and finishes to make a one of a kind, made-to-order piece. Free white glove delivery and 15% off of MSRP. Credit cards only.
Knoll Showroom 76 Ninth Avenue 11th Floor New York, NY 10011
5/1: 12pm – 5pm
5/2: 1pm – 6pm
5/4 – 5/8: 10am – 7pm
• Affordable Art Fair AAF NYC is the place for new and established collectors to discover and buy paintings, drawings, sculptures, video, photography and limited edition prints from distinguished galleries, all priced from $100 – $10,000. This year the Fair will host more than 60 galleries from the US, Europe, Asia, Canada and South America. AAF 2009 will debut at its new home at 7 West 34th Street this May.
7 West 34th Street New York City
5/7 – 5/10
• MoMA Monday night
• BKLYN Designs
5/8 – 5/10