• Free to a Good Home 2 Art Show and Dog Adoption
• LA Conservancy Art Deco tour
• Art Lighting in the Early 20th Century Lecture
• Elle Decor Presents Legends of La Cienega Design Walk
• Sweet Smiling Home Warehouse Sale
• Reform School's Home Ec. Mother Day Gift Decoupage Class
Jump below for more information...
• Free to a Good Home 2 Art Show and Dog Adoption: Giant Robot is proud to host Free to a Good Home 2. The canine-themed art show will include contributions various artists, alongside a dog adoption program with free vaccination and licensing. LAAS will also be accepting donations of supplies and food for the shelter. (Suggested donations: blankets, towels, unopened pet food, pet beds, pet coats, Timothy Hay, kongs.) Those making donations through the duration of the show will receive a coupon for 25 percent off their next purchase at GR2.
2062 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
May 9 - June 10, 2009
Reception: Saturday, May 9, 6:30 -10:00
Dog Adption 4:30-8:30pm
• LA Conservancy Art Deco Tour: The Art Deco tour is an in-depth look at the history, materials, and style of Art Deco architecture popular in Los Angeles in the 1920s and 1930s, including the Southern California Edison Company Building, the Title Guarantee & Trust Building, the Oviatt Building, the William Fox Building, the Sun Realty Building, the Los Angeles Fur Mart, the Garfield Building, theNinth and Broadway Building and the Eastern Columbia Building.
Full information here.
Schedule: Every Saturday Start time: 10:00 am Length: 2-1/2 hours Distance covered: About 1-1/2 miles total walking Walking difficulty: Moderate
• Art Lighting in the Early 20th Century Lecture: Remains Lighting hosts a design seminar about early 20th century light led by David Calligeros. RSVP: 310.358.9100 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
765 North La Cienega Blvd., West Hollywood
Friday May 8th from 1:30-2:30pm
• Elle Decor Presents Legends of La Cienega Design Walk: Kick-off a well-designed summer with this glamorous three-day event — the first of its kind in Los Angeles. Stroll Los Angeles's preeminent design district, La Cienega Design Quarter — the hub of West-coast interior design for more than half a century. With more than 40 luxurious shops and galleries find everything from antiques, furniture, and fine art to sensational bistros and boutiques. All events are open to the public. No registration required.
Scheduled highlights listings here.
May 7th thru May 9th
• Sweet Smiling Home Warehouse Sale: 40%-90% off on Asian home decor & furnishings, including beds, nightstands, cabinets, bookcases, chests of drawers, armoires, desks, benches and more.
1317 Palmetto St., Los Angeles 90013
May 9th thru May 10th
• Reform School's Mother Day Gift Decoupage Class: Artist Lisa Congdon leads a Friday night decoupage class helping participants create a lovely collaged plate which would make an amazing Mother's Day gift.
Sign up here
Friday, May 8 from 7-10pm.