Sales & Events
• Blog Out Loud: Connecting Through Creative Blogging
• Mercado Birthday Sale and Party
• The Green Life 2nd Annual Bed & Bath Linens Sale
• Old Pine Furnishings Warehouse Sale
• Corey Helford Gallery Presents: COOP
• Eric Owen Moss Architects: If Not Now, When?
• Enormous Tiny Art at The Living Room
• Relaxed Design: Chris Barrett
• 12th Annual Art & Design Walk
Jump below for more information...
Sales and Events
• Blog Out Loud: Started by our very own Rebecca Orlov and fellow blogger Megan from beach bungalow 8, this event is to encourage and support creative people towards blogging and about creating a presence online. We are having a town hall Q & A event with a panel of 5 bloggers, including former Apartment Therapy contributors, Jonathan Lo and Richele Silva! Information here.
1621 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291
June 4, 2009 7:30pm-9pm
• Mercado Birthday Sale and Party: special savings throughout the entire store. 20- 50% off apparel, home accessories, jewelry, candles. Cake and mimosas served all day to celebrate!
3517 West Sunset Blvd, Silver Lake
May 30th, 2009 All Day
• The Green Life 2nd Annual Bed & Bath Linens Sale: Take 20% off all bed and bath linens.
2409 Main Street, Santa Monica
Till May 31st
• Old Pine Furnishings Warehouse Sale: 35%-65% a selection of furniture and accessories made pine normally only available to trade. Showroom samples, imported products, and items made from recycled wood all available at reduced prices. Via BargainsLA.com.
1830 Dana St., Glendale
Till May 31st
• Corey Helford Gallery Presents: COOP: solo exhibition of new works by celebrated Pop-artist COOP. Since 2006, Los Angeles has been on the waiting list for COOP's next explosion of larger-than-life pop iconography, and his upcoming solo show of irreverent and outrageous fine art is built for speed. Bold and brazen does not begin to describe the parade of leering devils, voluptuous vixens, and hell-bound hot rods that dominate his electric acrylic-on-canvas paintings.
Corey Helford Gallery
8522 Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232
May 29, 2009 from 7 to 10pm
• ARTWALK Culver City a free, self-guided tour of local art galleries and exhibition spaces presented by the City of Culver City and sponsored by Sony Pictures Entertainment with participation from The MOCA Contemporaries of The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA). ARTWALK Culver City is intended to introduce a wider audience to the area's growing art scene which includes spaces in Culver City as well as along its Los Angeles border. This event especially celebrates the Culver City Art District, a cluster of galleries exhibiting emerging and established artists, which has formed where Washington and La Cienega Boulevards intersect.
Location details here.
May 30, 2009 Noon-8pm
• Eric Owen Moss Architects: If Not Now, When?: Discussion between Eric Owen Moss and Jeffrey Kipnis, a SCI-Arc exhibition.
Sci-Arc960 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013
May 29. 2009 7-9pm
• Enormous Tiny Art at The Living Room: the very first West Coast Enormous Tiny Art show! Which will be held here at Living Room this Friday June 5th, from 8:00 to 11:00pm! Come check out all the talented artists who have agreed to stick to our size specifications (tiny) and budgeting limits (less than 500 clams)! We'd be thrilled to have you celebrate, bring friends, drink (sponsored by Abstract Vodka), ohh and of course...buy some art!!
3531 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
June 5, 2009 8-11pm
• RELAXED DESIGN: Chris Barrett: Chris Barrett provides decorating inspiration to convert any room into a peaceful refuge. KAA Design Group's Chris Barrett provides tips and inspiration in creating a relaxed environment, from choosing the appropriate color palette to furnishings + accessories. RSVP: 323.988.0803, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Design Center
8687 Melrose Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90069
June 3, 2009, 11AM
• 12th Annual Art & Design Walk: More than 150 showrooms, galleries, boutiques and restaurants participating on Melrose, Beverly Blvd. and Roberstson Blvd. celebrating art and design. Full details of the event here.
May 30th 2009
4pm - 8pm