• Merchandise Mart Dream Home
• Rejuvenation Sale
• Messiest House in America Yard Sale
• Modernica Sale
• Artemide Sale
• Textile Center Garage Sale
• Crafty Supermarket
• Artemide Sale @ Lightology
• Jonathan Adler Dinnerware Sale
• Artemide Sale @ Lumens.com
• Morlen Sinoway Atelier Sample Sale
• Chicago Women in Architecture
• Container Store's Spring Sale
• Elly Nelly Sale
• Unison Warehouse Sale
• Tabula Tua Warehouse Sale
• Design MMoCA
• Randolph Street Market Festival
• Design House Stockholm @ I.D.
• Constructor Craft Fair
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home See the endless possibilities for elegant living in a home that's the ultimate in sophistication, comfort and eco-smart. Be inspired by the vision of Chicago's most acclaimed designers as you explore room after stunning room.
The Merchandise Mart | First Floor, North Lobby
PREVIEW GALA: 4/16: 6pm - 9pm, Benefiting the University of Chicago Cancer Research Foundation Woman's Board. Tickets
OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4/16 - 12/10: M - F: 10am–5pm, Sat: 10am - 3pm
• Clean House Messiest House in America Yard Sale
Sweet Home Furniture | 17675 Torrence Avenue Lansing, Illinois 60438
4/17: 9am - 1pm
• Textile Center Garage Sale 10th Annual Textile Garage Sale — hours of textile shopping fun! Hundreds of square feet piled high with fabric, yarn, threads, notions, kits, patterns, magazines, tools, beads, buttons, equipment, and books! Admission - $1
Textile Center | 3000 University Ave SE Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
4/17: 9am - 4pm
• Crafty Supermarket A one-day craft/art/design extravaganza featuring over 50 vendors plus food and a live DJ.
Clifton Cultural Arts Center | 3711 Clifton Avenue Cincinnati, Ohio 45220
4/17: 11am - 6pm
• Jonathan Adler Dinnerware Sale 25% off Stripes and Okura dinnerware.
Online and Jonathan Adler's Chicago Store:
Jonathan Adler Chicago | 676 N. Wabash Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60611
• Morlen Sinoway Atelier Sample Sale 30-70% off the original pricing of many in-stock showroom samples. The Sample Sale pricing is available on in stock sale items only. Sale items to include: Rina Menardi, Ernst Gamperl, and Oluce showroom stock and samples.
Morlen Sinoway Atelier | 1052 W Fulton Market Street (corner of Fulton Market and Aberdeen) Chicago, Illinois 60607
4/1 - 4/30
• Chicago Women in Architecture a. DOT a.Dot Exhibition Call for Entries
Our membership is defining and redefining itself, identifying new opportunities, and finding its place within the structure of the new context. In order to support ourselves financially — in order to find professional and personal fulfillment — out of necessity or creative imperative, we as professionals have begun to do things other than what has traditionally defined the Architect. This exhibition is an exploration of personal journeys — between architecture and Doing Other Things.
MORE INFO: Call for Entries
EXHIBITION OPENS: 5/5
• Container Store's Spring Organization Sale Save on functional and attractive organizing products. During the sale experts will be providing FREE in-store Spring Organization demonstrations every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and 4pm, from April 10th - May 9th. We'll also give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the Chicago Metro area:
Chicago | 908 West North Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60622
Northbrook | 101 Skokie Boulevard Northbrook, Illinois 60062
Oak Brook | 1500 16th Street Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
Schaumburg | 1460 East Golf Road Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
3/29 - 5/9
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Unison Warehouse Sale Save big on overstock bedding, b-quality pillows, table linens, aprons, potholders, journals and bags, plus gardening belts, floor cushions and one-of-a-kind quilts!
Unison | 2000 W Fulton Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612
4/23 & 4/24: 10am - 6pm
• Tabula Tua Warehouse Sale Significant savings of 30-70% off handcrafted furniture, unique tableware, and home accessories. Bargain hunters will find great deals on pieces from Royal Copenhagen, Juliska, Mariposa, Match Pewter, Astier de Villatte, Serge Lesage and Michael Aram.
Tabula Tua | 1015 West Armitage Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60614
4/23: 10am - 7pm
4/24: 10am - 5pm
4/25: 11am - 5pm
• Design MMoCA Design MMoCA 2010 challenges 16 of the region's finest interior designers and architects to create a room inspired by — and incorporating — a work of art from the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art's permanent collection.
Madison Museum of Contemporary Art | 227 State Street Madison, Wisconsin 53703
4/23 - 5/2
• Randolph Street Market Festival Encompassing several smaller markets in one kinetic energy-filled environment, including: the Chicago Antique Market, the Indie Designer Market, the Fancy Food Market, the Vinyl Swap Meet, the Global Goods Bazaar and much more. General admission $10, good for both days.
1350 W. Randolph Street in Chicago's West Loop
1340 W. Washington Street (between Ada and Ogden)
OPENING WEEKEND: 5/29 - 5/30: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
6/19 - 6/20: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
7/24 - 7/25: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
8/28 - 8/29: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
9/25 - 9/26: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
• Design House Stockholm @ I.D. I.D. modern lifestyle showroom will be launching Design House Stockholm's collection featuring new designs by, among others, Karl Malmvall, Lina Nordqvist and Nina Jobs.
I.D. | 3337 North Halsted Street Chicago, Illinois 60657
6/1: new collection
COCKTAIL RECEPTION: 6/16: 6pm - 9pm
• Constructor Craft Fair Shop goods from over 30 of the most talented crafters in the Chicagoland area, hand-picked by the Fly Peanut crew, for your crafting pleasure. Nosh on food from Wishbone and local pastry artisans. And, of course, belly up to the beloved bar at Fitzgerald's for a drink or two. Admission is FREE.
Fitzgerald's | 6615 Roosevelt Road Berwyn, Illinois 60402
6/6: 10am - 6pm
Send it to us. We publish every week: