• environment337 Closing Sale • Fort Greene Garden Walk • SoHo Stroll • Wakiya Fire Sale • Tastemaker Tag Sale • Gus Modern Upholstery Sale • Emeco Sale • Kartell Anniversary Sale • D. Porthault's White Sale • Room & Board Seating Sale • Alessi Sale • Crate & Barrel Summer Sale • Hastens Mattress Sale • Bobby Berk Home Bedding Sale • Fashioning Felt
• Hampton Designer Showhouse • Ron Arad Retrospective
Jump below for more information...
• Fort Greene Garden Walk 12th Annual Garden Walk of the Brownstone Brooklyn Garden District. The self-guided tour includes 10 private gardens, 3 community gardens and a commercial rooftop featuring a hydroponic garden, a beehive and a chicken coop. Additional stops on the tour include Irondale Theatre and GreenSpaces where acclaimed "green graffiti" artist Edina Tokadi has created an indoor installation and her first permanent outdoor piece with sedum and wheatgrass. Advance Tickets $15. Day of Event $20 at The Greene Grape/Provisions, 753 Fulton St., Fort Greene. All ticket holders must visit The Greene Grape/Provisions on the day of the tour for a copy of the map.
Sunday, June 14th, 2009 from 11am – 5pm
• SoHo Stroll The SoHo Stroll is a fundraiser for New York City's homeless men and women. Shoppers purchase a $20 silicone bracelet, which qualifies them for discounts and promotions in over 100 restaurants, boutiques and design stores. Promotions range from discounts to free samples to complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres! All proceeds from the SoHo Stroll benefit The Association of Community Employment Programs for the Homeless. Participants include Alessi, Armani Casa, CLIO, DOM New York, Farrow & Ball, Jonathan Adler, Kate Spade, Ligne Roset, and MoMA Design Store.
$20 silicone bracelets available at the SoHo Stroll Welcome Booth 144 Spring Street (corner of Spring and Wooster) New York, NY from 11am - 7pm
Thursday, June 11th, through Saturday, June 13th
• Wakiya Fire Sale Everything-must-go sale at the former Wakiya restaurant — furniture, fixtures and lighting!
Wakiya Restaurant space at The Gramercy Park Hotel 2 Lexington Ave., at 21st St.
6/13 - 6/16: 10am - 5pm
• environment337 Closing Sale Closing our University Place Location Sale —
up to 60% off our entire inventory of home and personal accessories. Lines include Chilewhich, Adler, Derian, Roost, DL & Co., Dash & Albert, Votivo and many more.
56 University Pl. at E10th St., NYC 10003
Now - 6/26: Mon - Sat 11am - 7pm
• Tastemaker Tag Sale In addition to the group of former Domino editors who created the "Tastemaker's Tag Sale" including Dara Caponigro, Tom Delevan, Chase Booth, and Tori Mellott, designer items will be available from all sorts of fashion and design industry aficionados. Expect a truckload of photoshoot props and other stored goodies from newly enlisted designers and tastemakers including Christiane Lemieux, founder and owner of Dwell Studio, fashion PR maven, Jennifer Carlston, and photographer, Matt Albiani. Everything will be priced to sell…new, used and antique items up for grabs include furniture, designer and vintage clothes, home accessories, and to-the-trade fabric yardage. Cash only.
75 Main Street in Amagansett (On 27, across from La Fondita)
6/13: 9am - 2pm (rain date 6/14)
• Gus Modern Upholstery Sale 15% off sale on all Gus Modern Upholstery items in the Soho Location. This sale is being offered in-store only and will not apply to online sales.
59 Crosby Street (btw Spring and Broome)
June 12-30: Mon-Sat 11-8pm Sun 12-6pm
• Emeco Sale Emeco will have a first ever sale, 15% off, free shipping on everything at our online site, www.emeco.net from June 17 - July 9. Online only, Shipping in North America only.
• Kartell Anniversary Sale This year marks 60 years of design by renowned Italian manufacturer, Kartell! To kick off the festivities that will surround this milestone, Kartell is hosting a 60th Anniversary Sale with discounts up to 70% off of select merchandise. In addition to discounts up to 40% on floor samples and second quality items, Kartell will also be offering 15% off of all orders of new merchandise.
39 Greene Streete New York City 10013
June 13 – June 30
• D. Porthault's White Sale D. Porthault's White Sale will offer discounts from 30% to 80% off retail prices. Must-have items include sheeting, terry, accessories and children's items in D. Porthault's signature florals and prints. For example, a queen bed set that would have regularly been priced at $1100 will be available (in certain prints) at $550; a bath towel regularly priced at $180 will be available at $72; many boudoir shams will be marked down to $30 (from $165).
470 Park Avenue (on 58th Street), New York, NY
Monday to Saturday, 10am-6pm (D. Porthault will be open until 7pm the first three days of the sale.)
June 15th – June 30th
• Room & Board Seating SaleLimited Edition sofas and chairs at 30-35% off regular retail prices, available exclusively online.
• Alessi Sale During the months of June and July 2009, customers at Alessi stores will be able to receive 20% off of a selection of stainless steel products. The promotion features some of Alessi's top-sellers world wide; such iconic designs include the Mediterraneo fruit basket which originally retails for $155 and is now $124, the Cactus! fruit basket which originally retails for $107 and now retails at $86 and the famous Michael Graves Kettle which originally retails for $169 and now retails for $135.
Alessi Soho: 130 Greene St
Alessi Madison: 30 E. 60th St
6/1 - 7/31
• Crate & Barrel Summer Sale Up to 50% off on select items storewide and online.
• Hastens Mattress Sale First ever sale pricing for Excel and Continental Beds in iconic Hasten's Blue check.
Now - 7/31
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale from their factory in Italy. Customers can save up to 80% original retail prices. While supplies last.
59 Crosby Street (between Spring and Broome Streets)
Mon - Sat: 11am - 7pm
Sun: 12pm - 6pm
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 - 9/7
• Hampton Designer Showhouse Traditional Home magazine sponsors the Ninth Annual Hampton Designer Showhouse. Approximately 20 top interior designers and decorative artists will turn a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. Proceeds will benefit Southampton Hospital. Children under six, infants, strollers and pets are not allowed in the Showhouse. Admission to the showhouse is $30 and includes the Showhouse Journal.
Southampton, New York
7/25 - 9/6: 11am - 5pm
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad's work.
August 2 - October 19, 2009