The Weekend Guide: Sales & Events
• WONK Dumbo Sale
• Sons + Daughters Closing Sale
• DWR Annex Sale
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• auto. Summer Sale
• Cassina Le Corbusier Sale
• BoConcept Leather Sofa Sale
• FontanaArte Moving Sale
• RePop Anniversary Sale
• F.P. Victoria & Son Sale
• Desiron Three Tier Sale
• Gus Modern Upholstery Sale
• AlwaysMod Marimekko Sale
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale
• MoMAStore Summer Sale
• Gracious Home Sale
• Alessi Sale
• Hastens Mattress Sale
• Garnet Hill Sale
• Fashioning Felt
• Architects and Designers Tag Sale
• Hampton Designer Showhouse
• Ron Arad Retrospective
Jump below for more information…
• WONK Dumbo Sale WONK FURNITURE in Dumbo is partnering up with CORNER MRKT: a collective of local independent clothing jewelry and accessory designers. 30% off bedding by Area and Bliss Living and Lighting by Inhabit. 15% off select fashion and jewelry.
68 Jay St. #101 Brooklyn NY 11201
7/11 – 7/12
• Sons + Daughters Closing Sale After 5 years, Sons + Daughters, the concept-driven children’s boutique will be closing its doors at the end of the summer. Everything is discounted and for the first time ever, all toys, books and baby carriers will also be on sale.
35 Avenue A (Between 2nd and 3rd Streets)
New York, NY 10009
Sale Begins 7/10 (ends 8/23 or when out of stock!)
• DWR Annex Sale 10-70% off modern design items including tables, chairs, sofas, accessories and an extensive collection of furniture for outdoor living. A free shuttle bus will be running from the DWR: Tools for Living store at 142 Wooster Street in SoHo on Saturday July 11, at 10am, noon, 2pm and 4pm.
DWR Annex 55 Hartz Way Secaucus, NJ 07094
7/11 – 7/12: 10am – 6pm
• auto. Summer Sale 20% storewide.
805 Washington Street (between Gansevoort and Horatio) in the Meatpacking District
• Cassina Le Corbusier Sale 20% off Le Corbusier collection.
Soho: 151 Wooster Street New York, NY 10012
Midtown: 155 East 56th Street New York, NY 10022
Now – 8/1
• BoConcept Leather Sofa Sale Up to 35% off & Warehouse sale – up to 70%.
Chelsea @ 18th btw 6th and 7th (1 to 18th street)
DUMBO-Brooklyn @ Water and Main St (F to York Ave)
Upper Eastside @ 57th St btw 2nd and 3rd Ave (4 5 6 N R to 59th),
Madison Avenue @ 30th St and Madison Ave(6 N to 28th street),
SoHo @ Greene btw Spring and Broome St (N R to Prince, 6 to Spring)
Carle Place, Long Island
Paramus, New Jersey
City Place, Edgewater, New Jersey
Now – 7/31: Weekdays 10am – 7pm, Weekend 12pm – 6pm
• FontanaArte Moving Sale Up to 80% off on all floor samples and discontinued objects. This is a great opportunity to own FontanaArte. We have items from Sottsass, Gae Aulenti plus many more. Sale is going on now and runs until we move to our new location.
64 North Moore Street
T-F 10am – 6pm
Saturday 12pm – 6pm
• RePop Anniversary Sale 25% off storewide.
68 Washington Ave Brooklyn, NY 11205-1202
7/11 – 7/12: 11am – 6pm
• F.P. Victoria & Son Sale 1st warehouse sale in over 50 years, including antique pieces and finely crafted models made by the family business.
21-07 Borden Avenue, 3rd flr, LIC NY 11101
7/8 – 7/24: M-F 10am – 4pm
• Desiron Three Tier Sale New orders are 30-50% off for the month of July!
151 Wooster St. SOHO New York, New York 10036
now – 7/31
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale All floor samples are up to 40% off.
385 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn
7/6 – Labor Day. Tues-Fri 9-6:30, Sat 12-6
• MoMAStore Summer Sale Save up to 50% online and in stores.
11 West 53 Street
81 Spring Street
• Gracious Home Sale HUGE sale — inlcudes 40% off Hunter Douglas window treatments, 30% off all shower heads, 20% off bath towels, bath rugs, shower curtains (except Abyss) and much more.
• Alessi Sale During the months of June and July 2009, customers at Alessi stores will be able to receive 20% off of a selection of stainless steel products. The promotion features some of Alessi’s top-sellers world wide; such iconic designs include the Mediterraneo fruit basket which originally retails for $155 and is now $124, the Cactus! fruit basket which originally retails for $107 and now retails at $86 and the famous Michael Graves Kettle which originally retails for $169 and now retails for $135.
Alessi Soho: 130 Greene St
Alessi Madison: 30 E. 60th St
6/1 – 7/31
• Hastens Mattress Sale First ever sale pricing for Excel and Continental Beds in iconic Hasten’s Blue check.
Now – 7/31
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 – 9/7
• Architects and Designers Tag Sale The Second Annual Architects and Designers Tag Sale at The Silas Marder Gallery/Marders in Bridgehampton to Benefit the New York Stem Cell Foundation. Every item has been generously donated by prominent figures and will be tagged with his or her name. This year, designer Charlotte Moss is donating a garden planter; landscape architect Edmond Hollander is donating a two-hour design consultation and a tour of one of his gardens; and architect Peter Stamberg is donating books on architecture, to name a few. All proceeds will benefit NYSCF’s program of helping to accelerate the most advanced stem cell research. $20 entrance fee at the door.
Silas Marder Gallery/Marders, 120 Snake Hollow Road, Bridgehampton, New York
Saturday 7/25: 10am – 1pm
• Hampton Designer Showhouse Traditional Home magazine sponsors the Ninth Annual Hampton Designer Showhouse. Approximately 20 top interior designers and decorative artists will turn a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. Proceeds will benefit Southampton Hospital. Children under six, infants, strollers and pets are not allowed in the Showhouse. Admission to the showhouse is $30 and includes the Showhouse Journal.
Southampton, New York
7/25 – 9/6: 11am – 5pm
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad’s work.
August 2 – October 19, 2009