• Royal Botania Sample Sale
• Vitra Show at The Conran Shop
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale
• Westin Heavenly Bed Sale
• Blu Dot 20/20 Sale
• AREAWARE Pop Up Shop
• GSelect Sale
• Jonathan Adler Sale
• Silk Trading Company Clearance
• New London Luxe
• AERO Summer Sale
• Nest Interiors Summer Sale
• Dallek Office Furniture Sale
• Ron Arad Retrospective
• Room & Board Summer Clearance
• MUJI Furniture Sale
• Conran Shop Sale
• Hampton Designer Showhouse
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• MoMAStore Summer Sale
• Fashioning Felt
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale
• Asia Rustic Summer Sale
& 4 more below the jump...
• Posters Please 101 Auction
• Fall Handmade Cavalcade
• Pioneers of Change Festival
• Eastern Europe Antiquing Tour
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Royal Botania Sample Sale Select pieces from the Belgian-based outdoor luxury manufacturer Royal Botania discounted at 50% off and more. At the end of the sale, unsold items will go to the highest bidder. Sample sale items are cash and carry.
d'apostrophe showroom at 394 Braodway: M-F 9am - 6pm and by appointment (212.334 5045).
Now - 9/1
• Vitra "Family-Living" at The Conran Shop Vitra developed "travelshow," a new lifestyle presentation concept to transfer the new products and the idea of the Vitra Lifestyle into the North American market. The travelshow comprises of three different vignettes: Family-Living, Home Office- Artist, and Loft-Single. Customers can enter to win a new Vegetal Chair designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec now until 9/28.
407 East 59th Street, New York City
8/26 - 9/28
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale 20% off tables & storage— all dining tables, end tables, side tables, cocktail tables, armoires, media/entertainment centers, consoles, dressers, chests, desks, nightstands, etageres and more for every room in your house. All 20% off listed price.
210 Lafayette at Kenmare Square New York, New York
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway 4th Floor New York, New York
Bloomingdale's | 1000 Third Avenue 5th Floor New York, New York
Now - 9/7
• Westin Heavenly Bed Sale Westin Hotels is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Heavenly Bed by offering 25% off the Westin retail line — Heavenly Bed; White Tea candles and oil diffusers; Brazilian combed cotton towels and bath sheets; and a variety of bathroom fixtures. Shoppers can also pick up several new additions to the Heavenly retail line: a Heavenly Spa Robe, Heavenly Travel Blanket, and a Heavenly Bath line created in partnership with Bliss Spa.
8/24 - 9/7
• Blu Dot 20/20 Sale 20/20 is the first collection-wide sale in Blu Dot history. Everything is 20% off – at all participating Blu Dot retailers nationwide, on bludot.com and in our stores in Soho and ABC Carpet & Home in New York.
140 Wooster Street New York, New York 10012
For 20 days beginning Thursday, 8/20 (ends 9/8)
• AREAWARE Pop Up Shop Includes selected items from the American Design Club, The Future Perfect, Jack Spade, smallpond, Malin & Goetz, Retro Super Future, Wesc, KIOSK, Help Remedies, Paper + Cup, Wallpaper* City Guides, KOR and many others.
641 8th Avenue at the corner of 41st Street and 8th Avenue
8/18 - 9/26: Monday - Friday 11am - 8pm, Saturday 12pm - 6pm
• Silk Trading Company Clearance Silk Trading is consolidating their east and west warehouses and moving all excess inventory to the NYC store in order to make room for new Fall collections. As a result, they are dramatically reducing prices on fabrics, pillows and ready-made drapes for a once-in-a-lifetime clearance sale — everything 30% to 80% off.
888 Broadway on the lower level of ABC Carpet & Home
8/14 - 8/29
• New London Luxe 40% off store-wide on amazing brands like Jonathan Adler, Leonello Borghi, Kiki de Montparnasse, KleinReid, Doucette Duvall, Sabre, Judy Ross, L'Objet, DL & Company, R&Y Augousti, and many many more.
246 8th Ave 2nd Floor New York, New York 10011
Now - 8/31
• AERO Summer Sale
419 Broome Street, New York City
Monday - Saturday 11am - 6pm
8/5 - 9/5
• Nest Interiors Summer Sale Save 30-50% storewide during Nest Interiors' Summer Sale. Save on home accessories including candles, pillows, picture frames, and decorative boxes from designers such as Dransfield & Ross, Dayna Decker, Thomas Paul and more! All furniture and artwork is also on sale. Hurry in for the best selection.
172A Ninth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Now - 9/13
• Dallek Office Furniture Sale Up to 60% off Dallek office furniture including desks, desk chairs, sofas, conference room furniture, workstations, floor samples, cabinetry, etc.
269 Madison Avenue (between 39th and 40th Streets)
8/3 - 8/28
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad's work. See Rachael's post: Ron Arad: No Discipline The Museum of Modern Art
August 2 - October 19, 2009
• MUJI Furniture Sale 20% offselected Home Office and Study Furniture.
MUJI SOHO: 455 Broadway (Between Grand and Howard Streets)
MUJI Times Square: The New York Times Building 620 8th Avenue (40th St.)
MUJI Chelsea: 16 W 19th street (Between 5th and 6th Avenue)
• Conran Shop Sale 20% all furniture and upholstery.
407 East 59th Street, New York, NY, 10022
• Hampton Designer Showhouse Traditional Home magazine sponsors the Ninth Annual Hampton Designer Showhouse. Approximately 20 top interior designers and decorative artists will turn a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. Proceeds will benefit Southampton Hospital. Children under six, infants, strollers and pets are not allowed in the Showhouse. Admission to the showhouse is $30 and includes the Showhouse Journal.
Southampton, New York
7/25 - 9/6: 11am - 5pm
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
• MoMAStore Summer Sale Save up to 50% online and in stores. New markdowns up to 65% off.
11 West 53 Street
81 Spring Street
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 - 9/7
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale All floor samples are up to 40% off.
385 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn
7/6 - Labor Day. Tues-Fri 9-6:30, Sat 12-6
• Asia Rustic Summer Sale Up to 70% home furnishings and up to 50% off decor and home accessories. Free shipping online.
37 West 23rd Street (Bet. 5th & 6th Aves.) New York, NY 10011
Now – 8/31: 12pm - 7:30pm
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Posters Please 101 Auction Aimed at attracting first-time buyers and novice poster-enthusiasts, as well as their already-established loyal poster following, this sale showcases graphically-dynamic vintage posters spanning all eras and styles. 300 lots of rare, vintage posters in its recession-friendly sale. The posters will be on view in the gallery daily, from 8/27 - 9/9. It is FREE and open to the public.
Posters Please | 601 W. 26th St., 13th Floor New York, New York 10001
Auction: Thursday, 9/10 @ 5:30 pm
• Fall Handmade Cavalcade The Fall Handmade Cavalcade is over 20 vendors selling the most unique locally made handmade goods the NY Metro and Hudson Valley has to offer: unique handcrafted jewelry, kitschy housewares, handmade soaps, one of a kind paper goods, children's toys in all shapes and sizes, as well as fashion forward apparel and accessories. Sponsored by Paper Presence and Luulay.com. Come early, the first 40 people will receive a limited edition silkscreened tote bag full of goodies!
Corner of Main Street and North Cedar in Beacon, New York
Saturday 9/12: 11am - 7pm
• Pioneers of Change Festival A festival of Dutch design, fashion and architecture celebrates the 400 years of Dutch-American friendship — conceived by Renny Ramaker, director of Droog.
9/11-9/13 & 9/18-9/20
• Eastern Europe Antiquing Tour Heart of Europe Tours offers eleven days of non-stop dealer-led and guided antiquing in Prague, Leipzig, Bohemia and the backroads of Eastern Germany. It features tons of under-the-radar dealers, four of the best flea/antiques markets plus warehouses, farmsteads and more. Openings still available.
9/25 - 10/5