• Loll Designs Fall Sale
• Auto. Fall Yard Sale
• Sheherazade Sale
• Charles P. Rogers Beds Sale
• Bruce Marsh Designs Sale
• DWR Modern Mixer Sale
• DWR Fashionable Dining Event
• Rose Red & Lavender Sale
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale
• Posters Please 101 Auction
• Odegard Warehouse Sale
• Vitra Show at The Conran Shop
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale
• Westin Heavenly Bed Sale
• Blu Dot 20/20 Sale
• AREAWARE Pop Up Shop
• Jonathan Adler Sale
• Nest Interiors Summer Sale
• Ron Arad Retrospective
• Room & Board Summer Clearance
& 12 more below the jump...
MORE THIS WEEK
• Conran Shop Sale
• Hampton Designer Showhouse
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• MoMAStore Summer Sale
• Fashioning Felt
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale
• Metropolitan Home's Showtime House
• Fall Handmade Cavalcade
• Pioneers of Change Festival
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights
• Glass Tile Installation Workshop
• Eastern Europe Antiquing Tour
• Auto. Fall Yard Sale Auto. is having its four day Fall Yard Sale in the tented backyard garden, rain or shine. In addition to offering Auto. sale merchandise, we have invited multiple other emerging and established designers to contribute overstock, samples and clearance items. Merchandise will be reduced to at least 50% off retail.
803-805 Washington Street (between Gansevoort + Horatio Streets)
9/10 - 9/13: Thursday-Saturday 11am - 7pm, Sunday 11am - 6pm
• Sheherazade Sale
121 Orchard Street New York, NY 10002
9/5 - 9/20
• Charles P. Rogers Beds Sale Save 20-70% on Beds and Linens plus get Free Delivery through Labor Day!
55 W. 17th St. (between 5th and 6th Avenues) Manhattan
Now - 9/7: Daily 9am - 8pm, Saturday 10am - 7pm, Sunday 12pm - 6pm
• DWR Modern Mixer Event Join us at the DWR Westport Studio as we launch our annual Mix or Match Sale, which starts September 10 and offers the opportunity to save 15% on a combination of four or more specially marked dining chairs, stools, credenzas and tables. Stop by the Studio on September 10 to mix and mingle with fellow design lovers while sampling wine, cheese and treats from local organic caterer Health in a Hurry.
DWR Westport Studio | 36 Elm Street Westport, Connecticut 06880
Thursday, 9/10: 5pm - 7pm
• DWR Fashionable Dining with Preston Lee Join us at the DWR Tribeca Studio to kick off Fashion Week in New York. Interior designer and former Top Design contestant Preston Lee will bring his Southern California style to lower Manhattan with an artistic dining presentation, demonstrating the relationship between interior design and fashion with ready to wear and footwear designs by fashion designer Yotam Solomon and DWR's own collection of dining tables and seating. Refreshments courtesy of Inocente Tequila and Grandaisy Bakery.
DWR Tribeca Studio | 124 Hudson Street New York City, New York 10013
Thursday, 9/10: 7pm - 10pm
• Rose Red & Lavender Sale 30% off all outdoor planters and outdoor plants.
653 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11211
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale Select furniture, accessories and lighting on sale.
The New York Design Center 200 Lexington Avenue Third Floor New York, New York 10016
Baker Tribeca 129-133 Hudson Street New York, New York 10013-2333
8/21 - 10/19
• Posters Please 101 Auction Aimed at attracting first-time buyers and novice poster-enthusiasts, as well as their already-established loyal poster following, this sale showcases graphically-dynamic vintage posters spanning all eras and styles. 300 lots of rare, vintage posters in its recession-friendly sale. The posters will be on view in the gallery daily, from 8/27 - 9/9. It is FREE and open to the public.
Posters Please | 601 W. 26th St., 13th Floor New York, New York 10001
Auction: Thursday, 9/10 @ 5:30 pm
• Odegard Warehouse Sale Samples, overstock, discontinued, and one-of-a-kind rugs, furniture and accessory items. 60 to 70% off suggested retail prices.
The Odegard Warehouse, 30-30 47th Avenue, Ground Floor, Long Island City, New York. Minutes from the Long Island Expressway and the Brooklyn Queens Expressway or take the 7 train to 33rd Street/Rawson Street.
9/3 - 9/8: 10am - 6pm
• Vitra "Family-Living" at The Conran Shop Vitra developed "travelshow," a new lifestyle presentation concept to transfer the new products and the idea of the Vitra Lifestyle into the North American market. The travelshow comprises of three different vignettes: Family-Living, Home Office- Artist, and Loft-Single. Customers can enter to win a new Vegetal Chair designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec now until 9/28.
407 East 59th Street, New York City
8/26 - 9/28
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale 20% off tables & storage— all dining tables, end tables, side tables, cocktail tables, armoires, media/entertainment centers, consoles, dressers, chests, desks, nightstands, etageres and more for every room in your house. All 20% off listed price.
210 Lafayette at Kenmare Square New York, New York
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway 4th Floor New York, New York
Bloomingdale's | 1000 Third Avenue 5th Floor New York, New York
Now - 9/7
• Westin Heavenly Bed Sale Westin Hotels is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Heavenly Bed by offering 25% off the Westin retail line — Heavenly Bed; White Tea candles and oil diffusers; Brazilian combed cotton towels and bath sheets; and a variety of bathroom fixtures. Shoppers can also pick up several new additions to the Heavenly retail line: a Heavenly Spa Robe, Heavenly Travel Blanket, and a Heavenly Bath line created in partnership with Bliss Spa.
8/24 - 9/7
• Blu Dot 20/20 Sale 20/20 is the first collection-wide sale in Blu Dot history. Everything is 20% off – at all participating Blu Dot retailers nationwide, on bludot.com and in our stores in Soho and ABC Carpet & Home in New York.
140 Wooster Street New York, New York 10012
For 20 days beginning Thursday, 8/20 (ends 9/8)
• AREAWARE Pop Up Shop Includes selected items from the American Design Club, The Future Perfect, Jack Spade, smallpond, Malin & Goetz, Retro Super Future, Wesc, KIOSK, Help Remedies, Paper + Cup, Wallpaper* City Guides, KOR and many others.
641 8th Avenue at the corner of 41st Street and 8th Avenue
8/18 - 9/26: Monday - Friday 11am - 8pm, Saturday 12pm - 6pm
• Nest Interiors Summer Sale Save 30-50% storewide during Nest Interiors' Summer Sale. Save on home accessories including candles, pillows, picture frames, and decorative boxes from designers such as Dransfield & Ross, Dayna Decker, Thomas Paul and more! All furniture and artwork is also on sale. Hurry in for the best selection.
172A Ninth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Now - 9/13
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad's work. See Rachael's post: Ron Arad: No Discipline The Museum of Modern Art
August 2 - October 19, 2009
• Conran Shop Sale 20% all furniture and upholstery.
407 East 59th Street, New York, NY, 10022
• Hampton Designer Showhouse Traditional Home magazine sponsors the Ninth Annual Hampton Designer Showhouse. Approximately 20 top interior designers and decorative artists will turn a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. Proceeds will benefit Southampton Hospital. Children under six, infants, strollers and pets are not allowed in the Showhouse. Admission to the showhouse is $30 and includes the Showhouse Journal.
Southampton, New York
7/25 - 9/6: 11am - 5pm
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
• MoMAStore Summer Sale Save up to 50% online and in stores. New markdowns up to 65% off.
11 West 53 Street
81 Spring Street
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 - 9/7
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale All floor samples are up to 40% off.
385 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn
7/6 - Labor Day. Tues-Fri 9-6:30, Sat 12-6
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Metropolitan Home's Showtime House The most unique and interactive showhome, featuring room designs inspired by six popular Showtime series (Californication, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, The Tudors, United States of Tara, and Weeds). This year's line-up of incredible design talent includes Marie Aiello, James Biber, Christopher Coleman and Angel Sanchez, Markus Dochantschi at Studio MDA, Susannah Drake, Francine Gardner, Holly Hunt and Joannah Kornak for Holly Hunt, Andrew Kotchen and Matthew Berman of Workshop/apd, Paul Latham, Piero Lissoni, Kara Mann, Richard Mishaan, and Surfacedesign. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds benefit Housing Works.
Tribeca Summit 415 Greenwich Street
9/12 - 10/18 (9/12 & 9/13 sold out)
• Fall Handmade Cavalcade The Fall Handmade Cavalcade is over 20 vendors selling the most unique locally made handmade goods the NY Metro and Hudson Valley has to offer: unique handcrafted jewelry, kitschy housewares, handmade soaps, one of a kind paper goods, children's toys in all shapes and sizes, as well as fashion forward apparel and accessories. Sponsored by Paper Presence and Luulay.com. Come early, the first 40 people will receive a limited edition silkscreened tote bag full of goodies!
Corner of Main Street and North Cedar in Beacon, New York
Saturday 9/12: 11am - 7pm
• Pioneers of Change Festival A festival of Dutch design, fashion and architecture celebrates the 400 years of Dutch-American friendship — conceived by Renny Ramaker, director of Droog.
9/11-9/13 & 9/18-9/20
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights For all who cannot come to the A&D Building during usual business hours to experience its top-tier showrooms featuring luxury kitchen & bath, appliances, tile & stone and home furnishings: Starting September 17th and continuing on the Third Thursday of each month through the end of 2009 the A&D Building will stay open late—until 8pm.
Architects & Designers Building | 150 East 58th Street (between Lexington & Third Avenues)
• Glass Tile Installation Workshop Hands-on glass tile installation workshop for contractors,architects, and designers. Focuses on design, specification and installation of Oceanside Glasstile. RSVP to Kristin Woodburn at email@example.com
Artistic Tile | 38 W. 21st Street New York City
• Eastern Europe Antiquing Tour Heart of Europe Tours offers eleven days of non-stop dealer-led and guided antiquing in Prague, Leipzig, Bohemia and the backroads of Eastern Germany. It features tons of under-the-radar dealers, four of the best flea/antiques markets plus warehouses, farmsteads and more. Openings still available.
9/25 - 10/5