• MADE Garage Sale
• Greenpoint Vintage Studio Sale
• Carnivorous Plants Discussion
• Filz Felt Sale
• Product Placement 1.4
• Lotta Jansdotter Moving Sale
• Poltrona Frau Sale LAST DAY
• Cappellini Fall Sale LAST DAY
• Ligne Roset Sale
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale
• YLighting Warehouse Clearance Sale
• Desiron Sample Sale
• Alessi "Time is Money" Sale
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale
• Metropolitan Home's Showtime House
• Royal Copenhagen Sale
• Artemide Sale
• Conran Shop Sale
• Loll Designs Fall Sale
• GSelect Sale
• Bruce Marsh Designs Sale
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale
• Vitra Show at The Conran Shop
• AREAWARE Pop Up Shop LAST DAY 9/26
• Ron Arad Retrospective
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• Vitra, Artemide & Ruckstuhl Sample Sale
• La Selva Designer Showcase
• Open House New York
• A&D 3rd Thursday Late Nights
• Uptown Designer House Tour
• Jewish Museum: The Rite Stuff
• Carini Lang Annual Sale
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• MADE Garage Sale Architectural fixtures and finishings garage sale. MADE is a design/build firm and has accumulated various fixtures and materials from projects over the years. Included is stone and ceramic and terracotta tile, lighting, hardware, plumbing, many Andersen skylights, salvaged doors, tools and 2 drill presses amongst other things. CASH ONLY
479 Van Brunt Street, Building 12, Red Hook Brooklyn 11231 (across the street from Fairway)
9/26 - 9/27: 10am - 2pm
• Greenpoint Vintage Studio Sale Stop by for reclaimed and restored vintage furniture, including the results of our latest project, refurbishing a set of beautiful bentwood Thonet bistro chairs. Also on offer will be industrial steel desks and workbenches, mid-century chairs and tables, wooden and steel storage, and a great selection of vintage school furniture including wooden desk-chair sets, individual desks, and lockers.
Greenpoint Vintage 15 Monitor Street, Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NYC 11222
9/27: 12pm - 6pm
• Carnivorous Plants Discussion Whether you want to get rid of those pesky insects or just think it's cool to say you own a venus flytrap, come join us for this free lecture on the wonderful world of carnivorous plants with John Courtney, Carnivorous Plant Expert.
Rose Red & Lavender | 653 Metropolitan Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11211
• Product Placement 1.4 A design discussion series exploring materials used in unexpected ways, with presenters Barry Richards of Rockwell Group, Paul Loebach, Jim Zivic, Daniel Michalik, and Christine J. Brandt. $5 admission includes cocktails and various surprises.
Hosted by Gallery 151 and 311 Village Green | 350 Bowery (between E. 4th and Great Jones Sts.), NYC
9/30: 6:45pm - 9pm
• Lotta Jansdotter Studio Moving Sale We not only have Lotta's products marked down but also used furniture, organizational items, lots of fashion fabrics, area rugs, jewlery cases and more! So please come sip some rose wine and help us clear out for our move. We accept credit cards and cash for the Lotta Jansdotter products and cash only for the used item.
119 8th Street #215, (between 2nd & 3rd Ave) Brooklyn, New York
9/27: 12pm - 4pm
• Poltrona Frau Sale Save 20% on all Poltrona Frau furniture.
145 Wooster Street, New York
9/14 - 9/25: Mon-Fri 10-6, Sat-Sun 12-6
• Cappellini Fall Sale 20% off all in stock and factory orders.
152 Wooster Street, New York
9/14 - 9/25: Mon-Fri 11-7, Sat 12-7, Sun 12-6
• Ligne Roset Sale 15% off everything.
Midtown | 250 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10003
SoHo |155 Wooster Street New York, New York 10012
9/12 - 9/27
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale Save 25% on all things lighting from Restoration Hardware — stores, catalog & online.
NYC Store | 935 Broadway New York, New York 10010
• YLighting Warehouse Clearance Sale Customers save up to 80% on brands like Artemide, Bruck, Flos,Foscarini, Vibia, Luceplan, Estiluz, and more. There will be a selection of over 500 products from 25 brand names— ON SALE for two weeks only (or while supplies last)! Prices are being significantly slashed- it will be that much easier to add a modern touch to your home.
9/18 - 10/2
• Desiron Sample Sale Furniture Sale: Floor Models, overstocks and accessories at 30% - 60% off.
Desiron Showroom | 151 Wooster Street New York, New York 10012
9/17 - 9/30: Mon - Sat: 11am - 7pm, Sun: 12pm - 6pm
• Alessi "Time is Money" Sale Alessi in conjunction with Seiko Instruments Inc. is pleased to announce "Time is Money," which will offer a 20% savings on all watches, clocks and timers to help you gear up for the time change!
Online and In Stores:
Alessi Flagship | 130 Greene Street New York, New York 10012
Alessi Shop | 30 E. 60th Street New York, New York 10022
9/10 - 10/10
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale Choose from a wide selection of Thos. Moser furniture at reduced prices, all available for immediate purchase. This Special Savings Event is a rare opportunity to select from a large collection of floor models, one-of-a-kinds, not-quite-perfect, and first-quality pieces...all waiting to be taken home without waiting the standard lead time for pieces to be built and delivered. All sales at this event are on a first-come, first-served cash/credit and carry basis. We'll help you load them into your vehicle, or local delivery can be arranged on site (delivery charge will be based on destination address).
83 Wooster St. (Soho), New York, New York 10012
Opens 9/18: Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm; Sun: 12pm-6pm
• Metropolitan Home's Showtime House The most unique and interactive showhome, featuring room designs inspired by six popular Showtime series (Californication, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, The Tudors, United States of Tara, and Weeds). This year's line-up of incredible design talent includes Marie Aiello, James Biber, Christopher Coleman and Angel Sanchez, Markus Dochantschi at Studio MDA, Susannah Drake, Francine Gardner, Holly Hunt and Joannah Kornak for Holly Hunt, Andrew Kotchen and Matthew Berman of Workshop/apd, Paul Latham, Piero Lissoni, Kara Mann, Richard Mishaan, and Surfacedesign. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds benefit Housing Works.
Tribeca Summit 415 Greenwich Street
9/12 - 10/18 (9/12 & 9/13 sold out)
• Royal Copenhagen Sale September's special deal is on Royal Copenhagen's contemporary Black & White patterns — selected pieces are 30% - 70% off.
Royal Copenhagen online
9/1 - 9/30
• Artemide Sale 33% off best selling lighting families Tolomeo and Logicio — choose from table, floor, wall, ceiling and suspension models.
New York Showroom | 46 Greene Street New York, New York 10013
9/1 - 9/30: Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm, Saturday 11am - 6pm
• Conran Shop Sale 20% off USM Haller Storage custom and quick-ship orders.
407 East 59th Street, New York, NY, 10022
• GSelect Sale 10% entire (online) store sale of carefully picked home decor items.
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale Select furniture, accessories and lighting on sale.
The New York Design Center 200 Lexington Avenue Third Floor New York, New York 10016
Baker Tribeca 129-133 Hudson Street New York, New York 10013-2333
8/21 - 10/19
• Vitra "Family-Living" at The Conran Shop Vitra developed "travelshow," a new lifestyle presentation concept to transfer the new products and the idea of the Vitra Lifestyle into the North American market. The travelshow comprises of three different vignettes: Family-Living, Home Office- Artist, and Loft-Single. Customers can enter to win a new Vegetal Chair designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec now until 9/28.
407 East 59th Street, New York City
8/26 - 9/28
• AREAWARE Pop Up Shop Includes selected items from the American Design Club, The Future Perfect, Jack Spade, smallpond, Malin & Goetz, Retro Super Future, Wesc, KIOSK, Help Remedies, Paper + Cup, Wallpaper* City Guides, KOR and many others.
641 8th Avenue at the corner of 41st Street and 8th Avenue
8/18 - 9/26: Monday - Friday 11am - 8pm, Saturday 12pm - 6pm
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad's work. See Rachael's post: Ron Arad: No Discipline The Museum of Modern Art
August 2 - October 19, 2009
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Vitra, Artemide & Ruckstuhl Sample Sale Up to 75% off some of modern design's most celebrated pieces manufactured by Vitra, including home and contract. In addition to Vitra, we are happy to announce that products from partners Artemide and Ruckstuhl will be included in this year's sale! The first visitor to the showroom will have the opportunity to purchase Charles and Ray Eames' La Chaise for $1,000 – an $8,500 discount!
Vitra Showroom | 29 9th Avenue New York, New York 10014
10/3 - 10/4: 10am – 5pm
• La Selva Designer Showcase '09 The estate grounds of La Selva's 25 acres provide for a resort style of living and are located in the prestigious incorporated village of Upper Brookville, Long Island. The old world craftsmanship of La Selva (circa 1915) combines beautifully with the creativity of over 35 notable interior designers who will participate in Designers' Showcase '09 showing "how yesterday's architecture is compatible with today's lifestyle".
10/3 -11/15: Closed Mondays except Columbus Day 10/12
• Open House New York America's largest architecture and design celebration with
free access to over 350 sites and programs, including tours, talks, performances, and family activities in all 5 boroughs.
10/10 - 10/11
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights For all who cannot come to the A&D Building during usual business hours to experience its top-tier showrooms featuring luxury kitchen & bath, appliances, tile & stone and home furnishings: Starting September 17th and continuing on the Third Thursday of each month through the end of 2009 the A&D Building will stay open late—until 8pm.
Architects & Designers Building | 150 East 58th Street (between Lexington & Third Avenues)
• Uptown Designer House Tour Top New York designers open glamorous private residences to the public for the 13th Annual Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club Uptown Designer House Tour, which benefits 14,000 children attending the Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club in the Bronx. Tour participants will meet at the GE Monogram Design Center in the Architects and Design building (150 East 58th Street, 10th Floor) between 10:00 and noon to pick up their tickets ($150 each with $125 tax deduction), a tour map and enjoy a light breakfast. The self-guided tour of the private homes takes place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. followed by champagne cocktail reception at Sub-Zero/Wolf showroom also in the AD building.
AD building | 150 East 58th Street, 5th Floor
• Jewish Museum: The Rite Stuff The Jewish Museum will present The Rite Stuff: Design and Modern Observance, a panel discussion about the role of design in modern life with panel that includes designer Jonathan Adler, artist Allan Wexler, writer and curator Ellen Lupton, and moderator Julie Lasky, editor of Change Observer.
The Jewish Museum
• Carini Lang Annual Sale Come shop our large selection of hand-woven carpets in all sizes – up to 70% off.
335 Greenwich Street New York, New York 10013
Thursday, 10/22: 10am – 6pm
Friday, 10/23: 10am – 7pm
Saturday, 10/24: 11am – 5pm