• Alessi Pop-Up Shop Opening
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Book Signing
• Surfing Cowboys Annual Sale Preview
• Second Life Exhibition
• Loll Designs End of Season Sale
• Amenity Home Fall Savings
• 2009 West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval
Jump below for more information...
Sales & Events
• Alessi Pop-Up Shop Opening: Alessi, the leading Italian company known for innovative tabletop and entertaining design, is pleased to announce the opening of its first ever pop-up shop on November 2, 2009. Open through December 31, the 500 square foot shop will be located at Fashion Island, an upscale shopping center located in Newport Beach, California. Alessi will host an opening night party on November 5th at the store.
1013 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA
Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m
Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Book Signing: Mitchell and Bob celebrate their 20th Anniversary and The Comfortable Home Book launch. Signing at the Bloomingdale's Century City Shopping Center this Friday. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
10250 Santa Monica Blvd.,
Los Angeles, 90067
• Surfing Cowboys Annual Sale Preview: ONe of our fav Abbot Kinney stores sent us the heads up about their once a year sale and a special online preview for our readers to get the jump on some unique piece vintage bargains. Offerings change daily, so bookmark the site!
1624 Abbot Kinney Blvd
• Second Life Exhibition: an exhibition of sustainably designed furniture and objects made by the noted L.A. based designer/maker, William Stranger. His newest work will include a series of his Fragment Vases made from reclaimed pieces of selected hardwoods, a Fragments Mirror installation that will playfully nestle itself into the gallery's architecture and other masterfully crafted furniture pieces. The largest pieces in the exhibition are created from the reclaimed lanes of the defunct, Tava Lanes bowling alley. The bowling lanes have been transformed into two commanding wall hangings and also a modern floor-hugging coffee table. Stranger's unique pieces bring a new, second life, to salvaged wood with a rich history that would have been otherwise lost to the scrap heap.
502 Chung King Ct.
Los Angeles, 90012
Thru November 14
• Loll Designs End of Season Sale: Last days of the Denizen Loll Outdoor Furniture sale of 100% recycled plastic seating and tables. Save 25% off black items and 10% off colors with free shipping to lower 48 states.
• Amenity Home Fall Savings: save 20% off any item sitewide, including the sustainable Muir furniture collection. Just use code "fall20" at checkout. Expires November 15th. Also the linen pillow sale continues, with a limited selection of Belgian linen silkscreened pillows at discount.
453 S. Spring Street, Studio 918
Los Angeles, 90013
• 2009 West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval:the Halloween craziness starts between in WeHo on La Cienega Blvd. & Doheny Ave, this Saturday starts at 6pm and just gets stranger and more "festive" as the evening progresses, with an expected 400,000 people to attend. Best of all, it's free!