• BoConcept Warehouse Sale
• Bobby Berk Home Floor Sample Sale
• Jonathan Adler & Calypso Sample Sale
• J Robert Scott Sale
• Ethan Allen, W.L.Landau Sale
• Jewish Museum: The Rite Stuff
• Sollo Rago Modern Auction
• Carini Lang Annual Sale
• Uptown Designer House Tour
• Visual Acoustics Film
• Cassina Fall Sale
• YLighting FLOS Sale
• La Selva Designer Showcase
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale
• Container Store Shelving Sale
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale
& 9 more below the jump...
MORE THIS WEEK
• Metropolitan Home's Showtime House
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale
• Ron Arad Retrospective ENDS 10/19
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• Kartell Lighting Sale
• The New York Junior League House Tour
• A&D 3rd Thursday Late Nights
• David Weeks Sample Sale
• One of a Kind Show and Sale
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• BoConcept Warehouse Sale Save 30-70% on a wide variety of BoConcept's contemporary design furniture and accessories.
180 Pulaski Street in Bayonne, New Jersey
10/17: 10am - 3pm
• Bobby Berk Home Floor Sample Sale Almost all furniture is floor sampled and ready for immediate delivery. This includes our Gus Modern line and LAX Series as well. We are making room for the new Bobby Berk Home private label collection as well as new Gus Modern and LAX series items coming in next month. Discounts start at 10% and go up to 50% off.
59 Crosby Street New York, New York 10012
While supply lasts, now - 10/25
• Jonathan Adler & Calypso Sample Sale 30% - 70% off Jonathan Adler furniture, rugs, lighting, pottery, pillows, accessories and more.
38-16 Skillman Avenue Long Island City, New York 11101
10/22: 10am - 8pm
10/23: 10am - 8pm
10/24: 10am - 4pm
• J Robert Scott Textile Sale J Robert Scott Textiles that were $60-$150/yard and only to the trade are now $15.00/yard to everyone!
979 Third Ave 2nd Floor New York, New York 10022
Now until yardage is gone.
• Ethan Allen, W.L.Landau Sale 30-70% OFF! NY/NJ Independent Ethan Allen Dealer W.L.Landau is hosting it's annual Warehouse Sale. Sofas, Beds, Tables and Chairs, Recliners, Media, Armoires, Desks, Rugs, Fabrics, Lighting, Pictures, Mirrors, Accents. Discontinued Items. Overstock. Cancellations. Like-New Floor Samples. Merchandise Sold As-Is. Cash or Credit Cards Only. Delivery Available.
850 Paterson Plank Road, Secaucus New Jersey 07094
10/16 - 18: Fri 10-9, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
10/23 - 25: Fri 10-9, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
• Uptown Designer House Tour Top New York designers open glamorous private residences to the public for the 13th Annual Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club Uptown Designer House Tour, which benefits 14,000 children attending the Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club in the Bronx. Tour participants will meet at the GE Monogram Design Center in the Architects and Design building (150 East 58th Street, 10th Floor) between 10:00 and noon to pick up their tickets ($150 each with $125 tax deduction), a tour map and enjoy a light breakfast. The self-guided tour of the private homes takes place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. followed by champagne cocktail reception at Sub-Zero/Wolf showroom also in the AD building.
AD building | 150 East 58th Street, 5th Floor
• Jewish Museum: The Rite Stuff The Jewish Museum will present The Rite Stuff: Design and Modern Observance, a panel discussion about the role of design in modern life with panel that includes designer Jonathan Adler, artist Allan Wexler, writer and curator Ellen Lupton, and moderator Julie Lasky, editor of Change Observer.
The Jewish Museum
• Sollo Rago Modern Auction 960 lots of Modern design that includes work by Wharton Esherick, Wendell Castle, Gio Ponti, Campo & Graffi, Richard Blow, Judy Kensley McKie, Phil Powell, George Nakashima, Jacques Adnet, Ron Arad and Albert Paley.
333 North Main Street with Annex Gallery at 204 North Union Street, Lambertville, New Jersey
AUCTION 10/24 & 10/25: 11am
• Carini Lang Annual Sale Come shop our large selection of hand-woven carpets in all sizes – up to 70% off.
335 Greenwich Street New York, New York 10013
Thursday, 10/22: 10am – 6pm
Friday, 10/23: 10am – 7pm
Saturday, 10/24: 11am – 5pm
• Visual Acoustics Film Documentary about the late architectural photographer Julius Shulman. Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream. Shulman, who passed away this year at the age of ninety eight, captured the work of nearly every major modern and progressive architect since the 1930s including Frank Lloyd Wright, Richard Neutra, John Lautner, and Frank Gehry. His images epitomized the singular beauty of Southern California¹s modernist movement and brought its iconic structures to the attention of the general public.
Cinema Village | 22 E 12th Street New York, New York 10003
• Cassina Fall Sale 20% OFF on all Cassina furniture — premier Italian furniture maker, Cassina, is known for its leading design, quality and comfort. Collections of iconic designs by world renown architects and designers: Le Corbusier, Charlotte Perriand, Charles R. Mackintosh, Gerrit T. Rietveld, Franco Albini. Gio Ponti, Mario Bellini, Vico Magistretti, Philippe Starck, Piero Lissoni, Gaetano Pesco and more.
Midtown East | 155 East 56th Street, New York NY 10022
SoHo |151 Wooster Street, New York NY 10012
10/12 - 10/23
• YLighting FLOS Sale YLighting is reducing their prices on ALL FLOS products by 35%! Customers can choose from reduced inventory of great lighting, including: wall scones, ceiling lights, chandeliers, table and floor lamps.
10/9 - 10/17
• La Selva Designer Showcase '09 The estate grounds of La Selva's 25 acres provide for a resort style of living and are located in the prestigious incorporated village of Upper Brookville, Long Island. The old world craftsmanship of La Selva (circa 1915) combines beautifully with the creativity of over 35 notable interior designers who will participate in Designers' Showcase '09 showing "how yesterday's architecture is compatible with today's lifestyle".
10/3 -11/15: Closed Mondays except Columbus Day 10/12
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale Save 25% on all things lighting from Restoration Hardware — stores, catalog & online.
NYC Store | 935 Broadway New York, New York 10010
• Container Store Shelving Sale 25% off shelving solutions from The Container Store — choose from wall-mounted, free-standing, cube systems, bookcases and elfa.
Online and 4 New York-area stores.
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale Choose from a wide selection of Thos. Moser furniture at reduced prices, all available for immediate purchase. This Special Savings Event is a rare opportunity to select from a large collection of floor models, one-of-a-kinds, not-quite-perfect, and first-quality pieces...all waiting to be taken home without waiting the standard lead time for pieces to be built and delivered. All sales at this event are on a first-come, first-served cash/credit and carry basis. We'll help you load them into your vehicle, or local delivery can be arranged on site (delivery charge will be based on destination address).
83 Wooster St. (Soho), New York, New York 10012
Open until merchandise runs out: Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm; Sun: 12pm-6pm
• Metropolitan Home's Showtime House The most unique and interactive showhome, featuring room designs inspired by six popular Showtime series (Californication, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, The Tudors, United States of Tara, and Weeds). This year's line-up of incredible design talent includes Marie Aiello, James Biber, Christopher Coleman and Angel Sanchez, Markus Dochantschi at Studio MDA, Susannah Drake, Francine Gardner, Holly Hunt and Joannah Kornak for Holly Hunt, Andrew Kotchen and Matthew Berman of Workshop/apd, Paul Latham, Piero Lissoni, Kara Mann, Richard Mishaan, and Surfacedesign. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds benefit Housing Works.
Tribeca Summit 415 Greenwich Street
9/12 - 10/18
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale Select furniture, accessories and lighting on sale.
The New York Design Center 200 Lexington Avenue Third Floor New York, New York 10016
Baker Tribeca 129-133 Hudson Street New York, New York 10013-2333
8/21 - 10/19
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad's work. See Rachael's post: Ron Arad: No Discipline The Museum of Modern Art
August 2 - October 19, 2009
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Kartell Lighting Sale All lighting 15% off at Kartell Flagship Stores.
New York | 39 Greene Street New York, New York
10/24 - 11/15
• The New York Junior League House Tour The 15th Annual Fall House Tour will showcase 8 stylish homes in Manhattan's most sought after neighborhoods. Event includes a luncheon at Mackenzie-Childs Boutique on West 57th Street. A post tour cocktail reception will be held at Ana Tzarev Gallery on West 57th Street.
130 E 80th Street New York, New York 10075
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights For all who cannot come to the A&D Building during usual business hours to experience its top-tier showrooms featuring luxury kitchen & bath, appliances, tile & stone and home furnishings: Starting September 17th and continuing on the Third Thursday of each month through the end of 2009 the A&D Building will stay open late—until 8pm.
Architects & Designers Building | 150 East 58th Street (between Lexington & Third Avenues)
• David Weeks Sample Sale Annual sale includes great deals on lighting samples, prototypes and special editions. Chandeliers, standing lamps, wall sconces, desk lamps, hanging pendants & more.
12/4 - 12/5
• One of a Kind Show and Sale The best in fine art and fine craft from unique artists, artisans and designers from across North America. Each item for sale at the show will be made by hand, one piece at a time, and every artist represented will be in attendance. We have more than 200 artists signed on representing a variety of fields including home design, fashion, jewelry, painting, ceramics, glass, photography, plus much more.
Pier 94 | 711 12th Avenue New York, New York
12/10 - 12/13