The Weekend Guide: Sales & Events
• De La Espada Clearance Sale
• Ligne Roset Floor Sample Sale
• Showtime House Sale TODAY ONLY
• Chilewich Overstock Sale
• Kartell Lighting Sale
• Ingo Maurer Sale
• Hunt Slonem Estate Sale
• DWR Annex Sale
• Bobby Berk Home Floor Sample Sale
• Jonathan Adler & Calypso Sample Sale
• Michaels Manhattan Opening
• J Robert Scott Sale
• Ethan Allen, W.L.Landau Sale
• Sollo Rago Modern Auction
• Carini Lang Annual Sale
• Uptown Designer House Tour
• Visual Acoustics Film
• Cassina Fall Sale ENDS TODAY
• La Selva Designer Showcase
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale
• The New York Junior League House Tour
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• Antiqueria Tribeca Warehouse Sale
• Eigen Arts Sale
• A&D 3rd Thursday Late Nights
• David Weeks Sample Sale
• One of a Kind Show and Sale
• Ligne Roset Park Avenue South Floor Sample Sale Save 15% – 60% off floor models and discontinued models at the Park Avenue store only.
250 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10003
10/24: 10am – 6pm
10/25: 12pm – 5pm
• Chilewich Overstock Sale Tablemats, indoor/outdoor utility floor mats, bags, totes, and zips are all on sale
Clothingline | 261 West 36th Street, 2nd Floor (between 7th & 8th Avenues)
10/27: 10am – 7pm
10/28: 10am – 6pm
10/29: 10am – 7pm
• Metropolitan Home‘s Showtime House Sale The Metropolitan Home Showtime House is coming to an end. There are custom pieces that were made specifically for the showhouse. The items that will be made available for sale include sofas, daybeds, lighting, pillows and other furnishings.
Tribeca Summit Loft Condominiums | 415 Greenwich Street (between Hubert & Laight) Penthouse C&E
10/23: 10am – 6pm
• Kartell Lighting Sale All lighting 15% off at Kartell Flagship Stores.
New York | 39 Greene Street New York, New York
10/24 – 11/15
• Ingo Maurer Sale Semi-Annual Floor Model Sale — receive 30-70% off on select models.
89 Grand Street New York, New York 10013
10/16 – 10/25: Tues-Sat. 11-7pm Sun. 12-6pm
• Hunt Slonem Estate Sale The NYC based neo-expressionist painter, antiques and furniture collector, Hunt Slonem is selling his estate and extensive collection of 19th Century furniture and 20th century fine art. Prices range from just $50 to up to $20,000. Auction and sale is online, in person and by phone.
549 Warren Street Hudson, New York 12534
• Bobby Berk Home Floor Sample Sale Almost all furniture is floor sampled and ready for immediate delivery. This includes our Gus Modern line and LAX Series as well. We are making room for the new Bobby Berk Home private label collection as well as new Gus Modern and LAX series items coming in next month. Discounts start at 10% and go up to 50% off.
59 Crosby Street New York, New York 10012
While supply lasts, now – 10/25
• Jonathan Adler & Calypso Sample Sale 30% – 70% off Jonathan Adler furniture, rugs, lighting, pottery, pillows, accessories and more.
38-16 Skillman Avenue Long Island City, New York 11101
10/22: 10am – 8pm
10/23: 10am – 8pm
10/24: 10am – 4pm
• Michaels Manhattan Opening
808 Columbus Avenue at 97th Street
GRAND OPENING 10/25
10/26: 5pm – 6pm Martha Stewart will be signing her book Encyclopedia of Crafts as well as her new cookbook Dinner at Home.
• J Robert Scott Textile Sale J Robert Scott Textiles that were $60-$150/yard and only to the trade are now $15.00/yard to everyone!
979 Third Ave 2nd Floor New York, New York 10022
Now until yardage is gone.
• Ethan Allen, W.L.Landau Sale 30-70% OFF! NY/NJ Independent Ethan Allen Dealer W.L.Landau is hosting it’s annual Warehouse Sale. Sofas, Beds, Tables and Chairs, Recliners, Media, Armoires, Desks, Rugs, Fabrics, Lighting, Pictures, Mirrors, Accents. Discontinued Items. Overstock. Cancellations. Like-New Floor Samples. Merchandise Sold As-Is. Cash or Credit Cards Only. Delivery Available.
850 Paterson Plank Road, Secaucus New Jersey 07094
10/23 – 25: Fri 10-9, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
• Sollo Rago Modern Auction 960 lots of Modern design that includes work by Wharton Esherick, Wendell Castle, Gio Ponti, Campo & Graffi, Richard Blow, Judy Kensley McKie, Phil Powell, George Nakashima, Jacques Adnet, Ron Arad and Albert Paley.
333 North Main Street with Annex Gallery at 204 North Union Street, Lambertville, New Jersey
AUCTION 10/24 & 10/25: 11am
• Carini Lang Annual Sale Come shop our large selection of hand-woven carpets in all sizes – up to 70% off.
335 Greenwich Street New York, New York 10013
Thursday, 10/22: 10am – 6pm
Friday, 10/23: 10am – 7pm
Saturday, 10/24: 11am – 5pm
• Visual Acoustics Film Documentary about the late architectural photographer Julius Shulman. Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream. Shulman, who passed away this year at the age of ninety eight, captured the work of nearly every major modern and progressive architect since the 1930s including Frank Lloyd Wright, Richard Neutra, John Lautner, and Frank Gehry. His images epitomized the singular beauty of Southern California¹s modernist movement and brought its iconic structures to the attention of the general public.
Cinema Village | 22 E 12th Street New York, New York 10003
• Cassina Fall Sale 20% OFF on all Cassina furniture — premier Italian furniture maker, Cassina, is known for its leading design, quality and comfort. Collections of iconic designs by world renown architects and designers: Le Corbusier, Charlotte Perriand, Charles R. Mackintosh, Gerrit T. Rietveld, Franco Albini. Gio Ponti, Mario Bellini, Vico Magistretti, Philippe Starck, Piero Lissoni, Gaetano Pesco and more.
Midtown East | 155 East 56th Street, New York NY 10022
SoHo |151 Wooster Street, New York NY 10012
10/12 – 10/23
• La Selva Designer Showcase ’09 The estate grounds of La Selva’s 25 acres provide for a resort style of living and are located in the prestigious incorporated village of Upper Brookville, Long Island. The old world craftsmanship of La Selva (circa 1915) combines beautifully with the creativity of over 35 notable interior designers who will participate in Designers’ Showcase ’09 showing “how yesterday’s architecture is compatible with today’s lifestyle”.
10/3 -11/15: Closed Mondays except Columbus Day 10/12
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale Save 25% on all things lighting from Restoration Hardware — stores, catalog & online.
NYC Store | 935 Broadway New York, New York 10010
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale Choose from a wide selection of Thos. Moser furniture at reduced prices, all available for immediate purchase. This Special Savings Event is a rare opportunity to select from a large collection of floor models, one-of-a-kinds, not-quite-perfect, and first-quality pieces…all waiting to be taken home without waiting the standard lead time for pieces to be built and delivered. All sales at this event are on a first-come, first-served cash/credit and carry basis. We’ll help you load them into your vehicle, or local delivery can be arranged on site (delivery charge will be based on destination address).
83 Wooster St. (Soho), New York, New York 10012
Open until merchandise runs out: Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm; Sun: 12pm-6pm
• The New York Junior League House Tour The 15th Annual Fall House Tour will showcase 8 stylish homes in Manhattan’s most sought after neighborhoods. Event includes a luncheon at Mackenzie-Childs Boutique on West 57th Street. A post tour cocktail reception will be held at Ana Tzarev Gallery on West 57th Street.
130 E 80th Street New York, New York 10075
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Antiqueria Tribeca Warehouse Sale Our 10 Year Anniversary Warehouse Sale: Huge selection of French Art Deco furniture from the ’30s and ’40s. Many attributed to the great designers of the era. Dining tables and chairs, sideboards, desks, armoires, side and cocktail tables, lighting by Sabino, Murano, etc. Up to 70% off regular prices.
129 Duane Street, New York, New York 10013
11/5: 11am – 7pm
11/6: 11am – 7pm
11/7: 11am – 7pm
11/8: 12pm – 5pm
• Eigen Arts Sale Studio pottery sale samples, overstocks, handmade earthenware dishes, vases, planters, bowls, food-safe colorful glazes.
150 Bay Street 3rd floor, Jersey City, New Jersey 07302
11/15: 10am- 2pm
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights For all who cannot come to the A&D Building during usual business hours to experience its top-tier showrooms featuring luxury kitchen & bath, appliances, tile & stone and home furnishings: Starting September 17th and continuing on the Third Thursday of each month through the end of 2009 the A&D Building will stay open late—until 8pm.
Architects & Designers Building | 150 East 58th Street (between Lexington & Third Avenues)
• David Weeks Sample Sale Annual sale includes great deals on lighting samples, prototypes and special editions. Chandeliers, standing lamps, wall sconces, desk lamps, hanging pendants & more.
12/4 – 12/5
• One of a Kind Show and Sale The best in fine art and fine craft from unique artists, artisans and designers from across North America. Each item for sale at the show will be made by hand, one piece at a time, and every artist represented will be in attendance. We have more than 200 artists signed on representing a variety of fields including home design, fashion, jewelry, painting, ceramics, glass, photography, plus much more.
Pier 94 | 711 12th Avenue New York, New York
12/10 – 12/13